E1 + Oly Flashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbuff

Aug 18, 2004
www.pbase.com
Hi Folks

1) Can anyone let me know if the E1 has a feature like Canon 20D that can trigger a slave
2) Also, can any of the flash (FL-36, 40 or 50) be used as slaves like the Canan EX580

Thanks

Astin > Will post some beijing models soon (by special request). Took some pix today but i have no flash and the results were less than satisfactory. I will pick some and post soon.

Buying the FL40 from Tao.

If anyone has tips on how to use E-1 and muliply flash units for "studio" type portrait photogrpahy, please share with me. Reason being, studio lights are not always avail. or convenient to transport.

Had a Canon 20D with EX580 that was capable of above but now on Oly and really hope I can do this too.

I do know that one can buy an original Olympus flash cable that connects between the flash sync socket and the additional flash. That way, the 2 flashes can work together in sync when set to auto.

tao said:
I do know that one can buy an original Olympus flash cable that connects between the flash sync socket and the additional flash. That way, the 2 flashes can work together in sync when set to auto.
you want to hand carry both flash? or attached to a flash bracket or something?

you might be better off with a ring flash. that is good for studio portrait(except there will be a halo effect on the shadows) and macro shoot.

Hi

So are there special tripods for holding up the FL flashes?

Hi Guys

Flash_tripod.jpg

I found a pic of someone using what i said. Is that a special tripod or u just attach an adaptor to a normal tripod?

digitalbuff said:
Hi Guys

Flash_tripod.jpg

I found a pic of someone using what i said. Is that a special tripod or u just attach an adaptor to a normal tripod?

Hello DigitalBuff,

Olympus' FL-CB05 remote flash cable is the solution you're looking for.

One end of attaches to the hotshoe of your camera (the pins are E-System compatible) while the remote end features a combination hotshoe (with lock) as well as a 1/4" female thread that is compatible with most tripod heads.

I have used the camera-cable-flash combination successfully. The coiled cable is extendable (1m I think) but could do with more length. The remote shoe, tripod screw receptor combination could be materially stronger, but has held up the FL50 without problems.

Hope this helps,

Best Rgds,

chancy said:
Hello DigitalBuff,

One end of attaches to the hotshoe of your camera (the pins are E-System compatible) while the remote end features a combination hotshoe (with lock) as well as a 1/4" female thread that is compatible with most tripod heads.

I have used the camera-cable-flash combination successfully. The coiled cable is extendable (1m I think) but could do with more length. The remote shoe, tripod screw receptor combination could be materially stronger, but has held up the FL50 without problems.

Hope this helps,

Best Rgds,

Great! Thanks man. I will get that when I go back to SG for a holiday.

chancy said:
Hello DigitalBuff,

Hope this helps,

Best Rgds,

Hi folks

I went to funan to check out the flash sync cable. CP quoted me $110. The bracket will cost another $150+ too. Would you guys buy this set up? The external flashlights sold at the Buy and Sell section costs only $600+

I actually thought that the cable connects to the little ring on the E1 so can use 1x Flash attached to E1 and 1x flash via the cable. So if I can only used 1x flash via the cable, how do i trigger off other flashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.