E-W line SMRT breakdown @ about 1930h? (13 April Friday)

Mar 3, 2004
Paya Lebar - s***loads of people on the platform and trains, stuck there and doors opened....wife could not take the E-W line at all and had to do a huge detour on the circle line and then NEL (1 extra hour). At Tg Pagar all the people had to take cabs/buses, as described by sister in law trying to squeeze into a bus.

But no broadcast of this in the 10PM and 11PM news.

Anybody got any info? Seems like it's a "small incident" and so under the carpet it goes. :bsmilie:

Yah... I also kanna on the way hm.... No news leh.... Sibei sian ar....

Confirm cover up. Few days ago also delayed for like 20 mins. No news at all.

Friggin cover up I tell ya....

Well, the announcement was made in train was " Due to train fauly at Pasir Ris....
-.-

Took me an hour to get from CityHall to Bedok.

at least be thankful for the fault so they'll wake up off their sleeping asses and actually upgrade the tracks.

Luckily I don't take public transport. I had given up on our world class public transport system years ago.

Even the MRT in Thailand come much faster than ours.

The Previous CEO must had consult the engineer regarding the stability of the tracks. I think when she saw the report, she immediately resign and Siam far far:nono:

Last edited:
The delays are now not covered by the mainstream media.

Social media comes into play.

The problem here is that it affects locals and tourists alike.

China?

i tot this is normal??

media will only be covering when one month there is no break down, that is something to talk about.

2100 said:
Confirm cover up. Few days ago also delayed for like 20 mins. No news at all.

Friggin cover up I tell ya....

How to cover up?

Got twitter, Facebook with smartphones, how to cover up???

kei1309 said:
at least be thankful for the fault so they'll wake up off their sleeping asses and actually upgrade the tracks.

Hi , I thought u will say 'it is your fault, it happened when u r there.'

Hahaha...

fotoudavid said:
i tot this is normal??

media will only be covering when one month there is no break down, that is something to talk about.

Wahaha... Good one..

Need something to break down here to show empathy with N Korea's failure in their rocket. UK PM David Cameron was in town so this tube breakdown is off the news.

Last edited:
i got stuck around 30mins in the train. Today news mention nothing about the incident. Reporter sleeping?
SMRT no explanation or apologize ?
Sweep under carpet again...
zzzzz

It have become a NEWnorm.
So it have no news value ...
NEWAter, NEWtalent, NEWxxx 

Luckily, I drive.

This is correct. All rolling stock needs maintenance. All moving parts break down.
MRT lines to see weekend closures for upgrading works: Lui

Why they never implemented this previously? Because they put someone in charge who was fixated on share price and afraid of downtime, who only knows the retailing angle but not the engineering aspects. Because some Singaporean commuters insist that the MRT system run without long breaks for proper maintenance.

Last edited:
This is correct. All rolling stock needs maintenance. All moving parts break down.

Why they never implemented this previously? Because they put someone in charge who was fixated on share price and afraid of downtime, who only knows the retailing angle but not the engineering aspects. Because Singaporean commuters stupidly insist that the MRT system run without long breaks for proper maintenance.
That's actually a cover up.

They are actually planning to extend the classified network of underground railway tunnels leading deep down to top secret contingency facilities which are designed to ensure the survival and continuity of the incumbent government in an event of a nation or worldwide catastrophic event.

Noticed that above both ends of all underground railway station is a pair of concealed blast doors weighing several hundred tons and rated for 1000 psi of overpressure meant to seal the entire network from the outside world. There are enough resources within to self-sustain the population for perhaps half a century or so.

;)

Last edited:
ricohflex said:

Why they never implemented this previously? Because they put someone in charge who was fixated on share price and afraid of downtime, who only knows the retailing angle but not the engineering aspects. Because Singaporean commuters stupidly insist that the MRT system run without long breaks for proper maintenance.

Singaporean commuters insist so because their bread dependes on it. Your employer can give you 2day off ah? The retailers can pay up rent ah over two days lost in a weekend? Singapore is running close to maximum capacity that we dnt have any buffer for anything else. If train maintenance day u think the roads can take it with extra commuters? Ten years ago no prob. Now, big problem.