E-M10 mark 2 or GX85

I was having battery connection issues w my EM5 mk 1, cleaned the battery contacts w rubbing alcohol and cotton bud, now works properly.

For wi-fi file transfer, i use Toshiba Flashair, works well for me.

I'll give the "cleaning contacts" a try as well. Thanks.
I added a sticker to the bottom of my battery flap and it does seem to help with the connection.

As for the wifi transfer, I thought the EM5 doesn't natively support the Toshiba Flashair?
Does it mean that the card works but you have your wifi on all the time?

With the eye-fi card, there is a setting in the menu that allows you to switch the wifi on or off on the eye-fi card.
Another option I've found but not tested is to get the shuttersnitch app for ios to replace the eye-fi app.

I might keep my EM5 and not "upgrade" to the GX85 or EM10 mkii after all.

I have to say the just announced Sony RX10 IV looks very interesting. It may just meet my needs. I will have to wait for more reviews first.

I'll give the "cleaning contacts" a try as well. Thanks.
I added a sticker to the bottom of my battery flap and it does seem to help with the connection.

As for the wifi transfer, I thought the EM5 doesn't natively support the Toshiba Flashair?
Does it mean that the card works but you have your wifi on all the time?

With the eye-fi card, there is a setting in the menu that allows you to switch the wifi on or off on the eye-fi card.
Another option I've found but not tested is to get the shuttersnitch app for ios to replace the eye-fi app.

I might keep my EM5 and not "upgrade" to the GX85 or EM10 mkii after all.

Yeah the Flashair wifi will be on everytime camera is powered on, but there is a setting to turn off the wifi if the phone hasnt connected after x minutes. It probably affects battery life but not really noticeable to me. I usually keep the camera off unless shooting.

There's another option to turn on/off the wifi by locking/unlocking a certain photo in playback. Have not tried this out as it seems too much hassle.

Yeah the Flashair wifi will be on everytime camera is powered on, but there is a setting to turn off the wifi if the phone hasnt connected after x minutes. It probably affects battery life but not really noticeable to me. I usually keep the camera off unless shooting.

There's another option to turn on/off the wifi by locking/unlocking a certain photo in playback. Have not tried this out as it seems too much hassle.

Thanks for the info, I guess if eye-fi stops working with ios11 and I can't get shuttersnitch to work as well, then I might try to go the flash air route.
Btw, do you find that start-up is slow using the flash air?
I find that with the eye-fi, and can count at least 2 secs (maybe 3) after turn on before I can take the first shot on my em5.

Thanks for the info, I guess if eye-fi stops working with ios11 and I can't get shuttersnitch to work as well, then I might try to go the flash air route.
Btw, do you find that start-up is slow using the flash air?
I find that with the eye-fi, and can count at least 2 secs (maybe 3) after turn on before I can take the first shot on my em5.

There's some startup delay compared to DSLR but didn't seem noticeable enough to think it's abnormal. Flashair is a class 10 card.

Just went to best denki Bishan. The price is $1099. I think offer ended