E-M1 noise in low light shots

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
www.arkitecturalphotography.com
Folks! Don't know if this was discussed before but here goes. I noticed noise in some of my photos shot early in the morning, relatively low light even when ISO 200 is used. I had the noise reduction switched to Auto. Anyone noticed this too? Do you then switch the noise reduction to On? Or use the extended Low ISO? Sort it out in post? Or simply live with it? Thanks!

Thanks for sharing.

I am viewing thru hp and cannot see any noise. Maybe thru desktop computer?

Btw,how do you create the link from Flickr?

Thanks

what is ur gradation setting?

It's normal. Noise is evident in shadows when I shoot at base ISO in studio environment too.

Flickr creates a page for all your photos which shows them in different sizes. Click on the size you want to see and grab the link.

Can I know which section you upload to ?

I am not able to find where in Flickr that they can create a link for you, just like you did ... is iy a feature of a a paid subscriber ?

Thanks

Can I know which section you upload to ?

I am not able to find where in Flickr that they can create a link for you, just like you did ... is iy a feature of a a paid subscriber ?

Thanks

Just upload your photos onto Flickr like you always do. On your Flickr page, click on the photo you want to see the original size of. Once you are in the photo's dedicated page, follow my paws.....

Then you'll be brought to a page with all the links to different sizes of your photo. Click the one you want to see and you'll come to the page showing that particular size of the photo. Cut and paste the link to CS.

Reactions: RyanKhoo
Thanks man !

For the life of me, I couldn't have figured this out if not for your graphical instruction !

Thanks again, man !

Cheers

Just upload your photos onto Flickr like you always do. On your Flickr page, click on the photo you want to see the original size of. Once you are in the photo's dedicated page, follow my paws.....

Then you'll be brought to a page with all the links to different sizes of your photo. Click the one you want to see and you'll come to the page showing that particular size of the photo. Cut and paste the link to CS.

Folks! Don't know if this was discussed before but here goes. I noticed noise in some of my photos shot early in the morning, relatively low light even when ISO 200 is used. I had the noise reduction switched to Auto. Anyone noticed this too? Do you then switch the noise reduction to On? Or use the extended Low ISO? Sort it out in post? Or simply live with it? Thanks!

Here's my personal take coz noise is something that depends on individual:
- Noise reduction (dark frame subtraction as some other brand would call it) is Auto coz if shoot too long, hot pixels will set in, and EM1 is particularly susceptible to that. I think if set auto, if shoot more than a few secs, it will do long exposure noise reduction after the shot is taken
- I use Extended ISO these days coz shadow noise is cleaner. Even though ISO200 base ISO would give best DR. ISO Low sometime blows the highlight a bit.
- Yes I also sort out in post.
- Yes sometimes I also live with it haha
Hope that helps.