E-500 with 14-54?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iguoh

Oct 23, 2005
Just curious if anyone with the E-500 upgraded to the 14-54. What do you do with the kit lens? Is it at all possible to sell it since everyone has the kit lens?

iguoh said:
Just curious if anyone with the E-500 upgraded to the 14-54. What do you do with the kit lens? Is it at all possible to sell it since everyone has the kit lens?

Difficult to sell the kit lens here in Singapore. May have to sell overseas where the 2nd hand market is larger.

I am hoping for an upgrade too. :bsmilie:

iguoh said:

Well... it's lying there in the dry cabinet since the day i got my 14-54. I don't know what to do with it but, to treat it as my "back-up" lens just in case something happened... Don't think anyone can sell it...

Post @ $100 also cannot sell...........

Hacker said:
Post @ $100 also cannot sell...........

ya lor.......sigh...:( use it as a paper weight

Quite an expansive paper weight :(
wonder if it is worth any $$$ when sell to cash converters .. lolx

For me, i'd just keep it as a spare. Who knows one day, it may come handy as a perishable for fishing trips or dangerous cities.

Merciless_Knight said:
If 14~45mm lens is worthless :( then how abt 17~45mm lens then :eek:

i think the 14~45 is NOT worthless. just happens to be the kit lens that everyone has, therefore, hard to sell. :)

Merciless_Knight said:
If 14~45mm lens is worthless :( then how abt 17~45mm lens then :eek:

i guess 17 ~ 45 will be worthLEAST :think: :dunno: :bsmilie:

burger said:

hahaha :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

haha... Iv got a 17.5-45mm lens.

Wouldnt say its worthLEAST...perhaps amongst olympus lens yes but if comparing to other brand kit lens? Dun think sO!!! :bsmilie:

The quality is still very good on that one

burger said:

My follow up question is: for those who "upgraded" to the 14-54, did you get it locally in Singapore or online?

I got it locally. Paid 850 for it. Painful but now happy. Didn't regret it a single bit.

iguoh said:
My follow up question is: for those who "upgraded" to the 14-54, did you get it locally in Singapore or online?

Got it here from Clubsnap B&S, cheap and good!! :D

I exchanged my 50mm f/2.0 for the 14-54mm in Clubsnap.
Never regret it at all.

The 14-54mm is really superb. Then again, there will be the 14-35mm, which may be even more superb....Buy, BUY, B-U-Y! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.