E-500 Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernie_ng81

May 26, 2004
Singapore
Hello, recently been trying to play more with the manual mode to shoot things but why does it take so long to fire one shot? When I press the shutter button, it seems to take the camera awhile before taking the shot. Is this only my problem or other people facing the same? Seems so laggy, so if I spot some spontaneous action thing, I would not be able to capture what I want because of the slow firing. :dunno:

It is pissing me off a little at times. Advise please... thanks!

Auto mode is so much faster. Instantly taking a photo when you depress the shutter release. But it is good but something I do not want to use. Does not make me progress

ya anti shock is on. s and c release? see from where?

Atfirst, i dint know wat ur asking abt. Hehe
So that dats why... with mirror lockup
scroll your menu, or manual for S & C release priority.
S = single AF, C = continous AF
Switch to on if u want the shutter to fire w/o getting a focus.

oh icic... hmm.. i shall try that when I get back home then!

Thanks Chainsmoker!

ernie_ng81 said:
oh icic... hmm.. i shall try that when I get back home then!

Thanks Chainsmoker!
Ur welcome, ernie. Was surprised it was useful info.

Haha... I just found out it was because my anti-shock was on for period of 1 sec. After turning it off, the camera shot as it meant to be.

Another question would be if i held the shutter release button down, why does it not rapid fire? do i have to depress it everytime I take a shot?

chainsmoker said:
Ur welcome, ernie. Was surprised it was useful info.

ernie_ng81 said:
Haha... I just found out it was because my anti-shock was on for period of 1 sec. After turning it off, the camera shot as it meant to be.

Another question would be if i held the shutter release button down, why does it not rapid fire? do i have to depress it everytime I take a shot?

you need it to set it to burst mode first ( can be found in the timer menu. the overlapping squares). and burst mode does not work when NR is on.

Thanks uginz! Really helps! haha... I guess I do understand my camera a lot more now!;)

uginz said:
you need it to set it to burst mode first ( can be found in the timer menu. the overlapping squares). and burst mode does not work when NR is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.