E-500 Buy Now or Wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiobean

Oct 23, 2003
As you guys may know that I'm in the market for a E-500, would just like some opinion from you that, looking at Oly Singapore's promotion ending 31 Dec 2005 (with freebies of CF cards, bag, tripod...), do you think I should get the E-500 with 14-45mm now, or should I wait for the dual lens kit (if there will ever be any), or should I just wait for a while more for any future promo? By the way there is a deadline, I need a cam latest by end of Jan 2006.

Thanks and all comments are defnitely welcome. (and urm... forum is still quiet as usual... hmm...)

waiting for Oly is like waiting for a blue moon. we were told of the impending price revision since end of Nov...we are still waiting :(

if you think you need/want the freebies, go for it, no point waiting...

maybe try using ebay and search for cameta. think they have some offer on twin kit lens offer with E-500. might have to use vpost for oversea shipping as they dont ship direct to singapore.

Thanks... I'll check out the ebay for camera. And chainsmoker you may be right, I should actually talk to Olympus SG for my concern about the dual lens kit. Hmm... Ok.

burger said:
waiting for Oly is like waiting for a blue moon. we were told of the impending price revision since end of Nov...we are still waiting :(

if you think you need/want the freebies, go for it, no point waiting...

I don't think the price revision is ever going to come :(
For the dual lens, I think it will come only when a new Ex is about to appear. Just like the E300. A few weeks later the E500 appears.

Just wait for March When the new E appear... ;)

By then hope that this lens 14~35mm F2 will launch too.... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.