E-5 vs D300s

Jan 6, 2011
Hi

I cant decide on which camera to choose. Anyone can tell the differences between both despite E-5 being a 4/3 camera

What research have you done? What do YOU know are the differences? After holding both in your hands, which feels better?

Please read the Sticky called "FAQ: What DSLR to get?". It can give you some insights.

benjaminchia92 said:
Hi

I cant decide on which camera to choose. Anyone can tell the differences between both despite E-5 being a 4/3 camera

DP review has a function that provides a comparison of cameras. But these are just specifications and numbers. There are also intangible, personal things such as handling preferences and menu layout likes/ dislikes that you should factor in choosing your camera.

As far as being able to take a photo, both are equally good. The 300S has more lenses, while the E5 has weather seal (I think). However, the most important question is, which feels better in your hands. Go down to CP or one of the better shops and play around with both. I'm sure one will feel more comfortable then the other; the switches are more easily access, the menu is more intuitive, etc. The choice becomes clearer after that.

As far as being able to take a photo, both are equally good. The 300S has more lenses, while the E5 has weather seal (I think). However, the most important question is, which feels better in your hands. Go down to CP or one of the better shops and play around with both. I'm sure one will feel more comfortable then the other; the switches are more easily access, the menu is more intuitive, etc. The choice becomes clearer after that.

Yup,its weather sealed,I agree with what Tony says, also, you have to look at the images and decide which one is more pleasing to your eyes, I may like highly saturated images, do you? At the end of the day, each have their pros and cons, one may have more buttons than the other which personally I like, but may not be to your taste, but the one with more button doesn't feel good in my hand, so I shall sacrifice the lack of many buttons for better ergonomics, go down to a shop and test, we all do things,see things, feel and hold things differently, what each of us likes may not be what you like

These are 2 different systems, so don't forget to compare lenses as well.

u should get the latest copy of Practical Photography. There is a review and comparison :)