SG
chiong.smugmug.com
Hi guys,

The E-300 body only is on sale in sg.

Price quoted @ TK is approx 1.1k plus plus

;)

Wah... it's so affordable.

tempting!! :devil:

after reading the brochure of E300, i kinda psycho myself with their TruePic Turbo rendering engine. maybe can get one as a backup or maybe sell my E1 & get the E300. :think: ;p

nightpiper said:
tempting!! :devil:

after reading the brochure of E300, i kinda psycho myself with their TruePic Turbo rendering engine. maybe can get one as a backup or maybe sell my E1 & get the E300. :think: ;p

:D hmm how old is yr E-1

me considering swapping??

;p

how much u willing to top up? ;p

the E1 is selling quite cheaply these days, i think u can easily get a brand new set after selling off your E300. btw what is it that u r looking for in the E1 thats not found in E300?

i think Oly marketing is executing the strategies pretty well.

As we understand 350D just came out and D50/ D70s will
be announced soon, this is a good move lor.

But I am wondering if there is any packaged deal or
discount for potential buyers to choose their kit lens.

E.g. buy E300 and 14-55 (original E1 kit lens) in one go
is cheaper than getting them separately...

Well, if Oly manufacturing cannot meet the surging demand for certain lens,
at least there could be some discount vouchers for purchasing oly lens
when getting the E300 body only....

Just a thought.

jpcc said:
But I am wondering if there is any packaged deal or
discount for potential buyers to choose their kit lens.

E.g. buy E300 and 14-55 (original E1 kit lens) in one go
is cheaper than getting them separately...

sure have. when i bot my E1 from MS color, they give me very very good bundle price for the 50-200mm, FL50 flash & 50mm macro. the price really cannot find anywhere in the market, but.... dun have that kind of money, so gave up that opportunity. :cry: now thinking back, shud have just gotten them all & pay by instalment. ;p

nightpiper said:
how much u willing to top up? ;p

the E1 is selling quite cheaply these days, i think u can easily get a brand new set after selling off your E300. btw what is it that u r looking for in the E1 thats not found in E300?

really? its ard 1.9k body only.

one of the major cons 4 the E-1 would be the Bigger buffer & the weather-proof seal.

I think will wait for the E-3/2 .;)

u mean one of the PROs of the e-1...not Cons...
another would be brighter and 100% viewfinder, 2 control dials,
veri veri veri good white balance, mag alloy body....

hammer_400 said:
u mean one of the PROs of the e-1...not Cons...
another would be brighter and 100% viewfinder, 2 control dials,
veri veri veri good white balance, mag alloy body....

opps..

the E-1's WB is indeed not as accurate when compared to the E-300's reason being it is running on a older "engine". BUt iw will work fine with some tweaking.

opps..

the E-1's WB is indeed not as accurate when compared to the E-300's reason being it is running on a older "engine". BUt iw will work fine with some tweaking.

for real? hmm... that's interesting to know. I thought the E-1 was Oly's flagship model... 'professional' dslr. Shouldn't the WB n stuff all be better than the EVOLT?

ParkertR said:
for real? hmm... that's interesting to know. I thought the E-1 was Oly's flagship model... 'professional' dslr. Shouldn't the WB n stuff all be better than the EVOLT?

Chii is rite, E300's WB is much better than E1's. ;)

ParkertR said:

E-1 came almost 3 years back, so that tells. May be the hardware inside might not support the tweaks for wb as does the E-300

ParkertR said:

It's an age difference in the processing engine. much like comparing a D1x & d70.

is it? this is something new. i used the auto WB & found it to be pretty good. what kind of tweaks thats inside the E300? the tweaks in the E1 is the +- Kevin for color temp/WB. well, i guess technology moves on so fast that i didn't even have time for tea, & the next big thing comes along. :embrass:

In addition to that, E-1 has an external WB sensor while E-300 doesn't. I was also surprised to learn that E-1 is not as good as E-300 in terms of Auto WB.

Some reported that the additional WB sensor is able to more accurately detect ambience colour supplementing the usual in camera WB sensing.

Can somebody confirm this?

It's an age difference in the processing engine. much like comparing a D1x & d70.

But the E1 has an EXTERNAL WB SENSOR... its almost like an expodisc out-fitted on it. The E300 does not have an external wb sensor. The Canon 1Ds also has the WB sensor... D2H/X also... and their WB is definitely more accurate than their cheaper counterparts... i'd expect the same performance from the E1 despite it being 'older'. Even the Nikon D2H, out in 2002 has better wb than D70 which came out just last year. hmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.