hammer_400

Nov 13, 2003
Sg
Some pics to share....

002.jpg

041.jpg

024.jpg

017.jpg

Tiger splash in the water is a cool moment :thumbsup: Use the sigma at around 180mm or 170mm (f stop one step above 5.6) and u get more sharper pics than at 200mm tats what i observed. Nice pics, hope u are having fun with the sigma lens... expecting to see more pics ...

cheers

Like to add some captions to your pics if i may...

Parrot Pic (1st pic)
Pss buddy... wanna buy a copy watch?

'Prarie" Dog (3rd pic)
Yes? Can I help you?

Tiger splash
AARRRRRHHHHHHH! Water! :eek:

NICE PICS! :thumbsup:

nice pics. Hope I can get this lens soon.

Sharp and punchy colours, and even at ISO 1600!
Nice shots !
The colours and tonality is simply wonderful. :thumbsup:

ykkok said:
Sharp and punchy colours, and even at ISO 1600!
Nice shots !
The colours and tonality is simply wonderful. :thumbsup:

yup... i set contrast to -1 and sat to +1, other than that no PP, just abit of USM and resize for web...
i tried to shoot around 150mm if possible, when i had to use 200mm i tried to stop it down to 7.1 or 8...
also iso 1600 is'nt that bad, the light in the fragile forest was'nt that good, and i had to use iso 1600 to get 1/30 -1/60 shutter speeds, it's definitely usable without PP...

hammer_400 said:
yup... i set contrast to -1 and sat to +1, other than that no PP, just abit of USM and resize for web...
i tried to shoot around 150mm if possible, when i had to use 200mm i tried to stop it down to 7.1 or 8...
also iso 1600 is'nt that bad, the light in the fragile forest was'nt that good, and i had to use iso 1600 to get 1/30 -1/60 shutter speeds, it's definitely usable without PP...

Hi! Hammer,
I would like to hear your comments after using 50-200mm Sigma lens
and from the picture taken in Singapore zoo, some are really good shots.
Before getting 40-150mm end of Jan 05, I consider then whether to wait for it or get 40 - 150mm Oly lens. Finally, I decided on buying 40-150mm and used it till now. I have no regret on my decision buying the 40 -150mm lens because it had produced many wonderful butterfly shots with Ext-25 tube.
here are some of them I would like to share with you.

1st picture

2nd picture

3rd picture

4th picture

and the rest are in my clubsnap photo gallery
here

Cheers,

so far i find the sigma 55-200 to be pretty sharp at 55mm, at 200mm it gets rather soft, so i ad to stop down to 7.1 or 8 to get good sharp results, ussually i stayed around 135-150mm max...
for my butterfly shots, i think i shot most at 200mm, but stopped down, the 55-200 can focus to about 1.1 metres, so i din need any ext tube, i may try and find a mcon35 instead which would also be cheaper..
optically i think its not bad esp for the price, it's also very small for the range it gives ( 110-400mm equiv ), the zoom ring rotates opposite from the kit lens and was very stiff when new, but now it's loosening up. u also lose the saf-mf function with the sigma, but never use it so its a non-issuie for me... but the front end does rotate when focusing, and the af-mf switch is on the lens and must be switched to mf when attaching and removing the hood...

I guess you are quite happy with the result it produced so far because its value for the price you have paid (?).
I trusted the AP saleman told me then in Jan 05 when buying 40-150mm from him. He said the Sigma 55-200mm lens performance can't match Oly 40-150mm if compare the same focal length at 150mm
Anyway, what is purchase already purchased. we should make better use of this piece lens for the next better shots. right?
Cheers,

hhho said:
Hi! Hammer,
I would like to hear your comments after using 50-200mm Sigma lens
and from the picture taken in Singapore zoo, some are really good shots.
Before getting 40-150mm end of Jan 05, I consider then whether to wait for it or get 40 - 150mm Oly lens. Finally, I decided on buying 40-150mm and used it till now. I have no regret on my decision buying the 40 -150mm lens because it had produced many wonderful butterfly shots with Ext-25 tube.

Hi hhho,

How much did u get the Ext-25 tube?

I got it in Lucky Plaza and from Lords Camera Shop.
I paid slightly more than 200+.
It is good combination with 40-150mm lens for butterfly shots
It is then sharp at focal length 150mm
Hope it helps
Cheers,

Nice shots esp. 2nd shot, good composition due to the leaf background but object is slightly overexposed at the bright side. Try to compensate -1/3 exposure and fill-in flash to make the shot look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.