E-10 Users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewlee

Jul 1, 2004
Hougang
Hi, are there still any e-10 users around? i bought a used e-10 about 2.5 months ago and have enjoyed using it. one of my grips is that sometimes the AF does not focus well on a small object even if it the AF point is placed right on it (e.g. a thin flower stalk). any other tips or tricks to share with this newbie?

Enjoying my E-10 for more than a year. Got some problem with focusing at infinity last Feb and got it rectified at Olympus Singapore. Sometimes focusing a bit slow, but on the whole, tolerable and able to get the job done. Perhaps you can run it through Olympus Singapore before they really stop serving it like what they did to the OM-series.

jamestyemk said:
Enjoying my E-10 for more than a year. Got some problem with focusing at infinity last Feb and got it rectified at Olympus Singapore. Sometimes focusing a bit slow, but on the whole, tolerable and able to get the job done. Perhaps you can run it through Olympus Singapore before they really stop serving it like what they did to the OM-series.

do you mean to send it to the service center for a "check up"? do you know how much that will cost? thanks for replying.

Apart from nominal handling fees, I supposed they need to find out what's wrong with the focusing before they can quote the repair cost, if any.
I supposed for macro shots, you may wish to consider switching to manual focusing if it still work for you.

jamestyemk said:
Apart from nominal handling fees, I supposed they need to find out what's wrong with the focusing before they can quote the repair cost, if any.
I supposed for macro shots, you may wish to consider switching to manual focusing if it still work for you.

thanks bro. :)

Hi guys,
some of my photos turn out blur although the AF is right on. I try to overcome this problem by composing the picture properly before pressing trigger. sometime i try to take a second shot in case the 1st on is out. you just can't go too fast with this camera, agree? How frequent do you guys send your e-10 for servicing? I have not done anything to it since i got it 2 years back.

andrewlee said:
Hi, are there still any e-10 users around? i bought a used e-10 about 2.5 months ago and have enjoyed using it. one of my grips is that sometimes the AF does not focus well on a small object even if it the AF point is placed right on it (e.g. a thin flower stalk). any other tips or tricks to share with this newbie?
Hi

Have not visit tis forum 4 quite a while..

Yes, I m wif the E10..Wow!! Very good camera. 2 me, a real professional camera 4 its performance & price..

I m on the film platform 4 many yrs & gone digital a couple of mths ago..The E10 was 2nd hand & I m very surprised with her! I have tried Canon 10D, 1D, Nikon D2h, D100 and Fujipro2. Well these r good stuff wif a hefty price tag!

The E10 or E20 4 the matter, is not a Ferrari in its class, they can do most of the jobs. Try 2 shoot a passing F16 wif a Canon or Nikon..Mind you, you nid fast lens..& fast lens mean fast cash!!

Is the same, fotography is abt the art of light, Dun fall into the TRAP OF EQUIPMENT OWNING!, be a proud owner of what you have & improve your skills in the art of fotography..

I have seen too many ppl selling & selling & selling, equiments tat they own a couple of years or even months..Aiya, 4get 2 mention tat I own the Canon EOS5 system 4 almost 12 years since its launch!

I have even made an order from Olympus for the battery/vertical grip which is on its way oledi..They r sum pics I have taken, jus that still figuring how 2 put onto the system..Give me some time..I'll be back!

Anyway, I have this link 4 you guys..Go check it out!! :bsmilie:
http://oly-e.com/
Cheers

thanks for replying. yup, the e10 is a pretty good camera, better than my dimage 7 which i had half a year ago. i also use film for about 3 years using the Praktica mlt-5, minolta dynax 5, canon ae-1, and others. thanks also for the link: looks good.

Hola Andrew,

Been sometime since i post a message here. Yeah i still find the E-10 a gd cam as it's been my main cam fro weddings and events shooting. I just got back frm Langkawi to shoot a wedding dinner. Here's an image (no color,brightness or sharpness adjustments except adding the text) that i've got using the E-10.

Front Cover Only

rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.