E-10 user need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammox77

Feb 13, 2003
Singapore
www.henryfotography.com
Hi all,

Just need to ask, anyone can intro a very good and very high speed read and write CF card brand, what is the price and where can i get a good deal?

Thanks and cheers,
Henry

Originally posted by ammox77
Hi all,

Just need to ask, anyone can intro a very good and very high speed read and write CF card brand, what is the price and where can i get a good deal?

Thanks and cheers,
Henry

Sorry to disappoint you, it's the slow write and read mechanism of the E10 that causes all the waiting. I had tried to use sandisk, higawara, ridata on the e10, can't really tell any difference.

:(

Originally posted by togu

Sorry to disappoint you, it's the slow write and read mechanism of the E10 that causes all the waiting. I had tried to use sandisk, higawara, ridata on the e10, can't really tell any difference.

:(

:( oh well thanks anyway

Seems to me this, he will be the third person this week that I am going to see that will sell the Olympus E10 DC... I just hope I am wrong...

Originally posted by ivor
Seems to me this, he will be the third person this week that I am going to see that will sell the Olympus E10 DC... I just hope I am wrong...

No wouldn't sell my E-10 as i love it very much,
anyway......any idea how much can an E-10 use (CF card - 128MB, 500++MB?)

Thanks again :D
Henry

Originally posted by ammox77

No wouldn't sell my E-10 as i love it very much,
anyway......any idea how much can an E-10 use (CF card - 128MB, 500++MB?)

Thanks again :D
Henry

For CF card, no limitations I guess.

hi everyone, my trusty E10 went 'dead' after 3 good years of service. Hope can find some advice here.

After some research on the net, I concluded that it is quite a 'well-known' problem - Shutter has reached its usable lifespan. Any other E10 users has clocked the same mileage(10k clicks)?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=13909532

I have compared the < S$2K range of DSLRs in the market right now and feel that I still perferred the built and feel quality of E10. The pixles and response/write speed cant be compared to the newer generations but I can live with its shotcoming. So hoping to get my good buddy back in service.

Had brought it to Olympus Service Center and was quote S$750 for the repair. Which imho is too EXPENSIVE.

Any one know of any camera repair shop that can service the E10 for a cheaper price than S$750? Please let me know, Thanks in advance!

Any E10 users who had similiar problem, can share with me how you 'solved' it? I believe all E10 users cant bear to let this good buddy go ...

Anyone knows if my E10 lens got some fungus inside ,then how can i do?how much is that if i send to Olympus SC for clear that? Many thanks

Anyone knows if my E10 lens got some fungus inside ,then how can i do?how much is that if i send to Olympus SC for clear that? Many thanks

Live with it if it is a little bit and doesn't affect the pic.. Have to see fungus on which piece of lens inside. If it is the inner one, they will not be able to clean it and will require to change the whole lens in the camera. That cost about S$600+ to change.

Had brought it to Olympus Service Center and was quote S$750 for the repair. Which imho is too EXPENSIVE.

Any one know of any camera repair shop that can service the E10 for a cheaper price than S$750? Please let me know, Thanks in advance!

Live with it if it is a little bit and doesn't affect the pic.. Have to see fungus on which piece of lens inside. If it is the inner one, they will not be able to clean it and will require to change the whole lens in the camera. That cost about S$600+ to change.

You may want to source for a used E10 which can be had for much less than $600-$750. I have difficulty finding a buyer for my E10 at the asking price of $400.

You may want to source for a used E10 which can be had for much less than $600-$750. I have difficulty finding a buyer for my E10 at the asking price of $400.

now having know the usable life of the shuttle, I think better not buy a used E10 as the shuttle might just 'went dead' the next day :nono:

But if can get the len/shuttle mechanism replaced & get another 10K shoots out of it, I think it is still worth it :think:

Why u wanto sell your E10? Had an upgrade? I still think it's 1 of the better designed & good to hold 'DSLR' around :lovegrin: To quote from 1 of the review "built like a tank!"

now having know the usable life of the shuttle, I think better not buy a used E10 as the shuttle might just 'went dead' the next day :nono:

But if can get the len/shuttle mechanism replaced & get another 10K shoots out of it, I think it is still worth it :think:

Why u wanto sell your E10? Had an upgrade? I still think it's 1 of the better designed & good to hold 'DSLR' around :lovegrin: To quote from 1 of the review "built like a tank!"

Yes, buying a used camera always have risk. I suppose that is why the price is what it is.

The E10 is indeed "built like a tank!", but I find it slow, large and heavy. There are of course a lot of plus as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.