E-1 with kit lens for abt S$1200

Status
Not open for further replies.
cookiez said:
Every E-1 buy is a reasonable purchase, depending on how you look at it. :cheergal:

yeah yeah.. @ least get more repeatable Wb.

I emailed them not too long ago. Think the owner (Tim) is expecting another quantity. I have a friend in Auckland who can make me buy the camera and freight through Fedex. Can let me know if you are interested.
It comes with international warranty.

epong said:
I emailed them not too long ago. Think the owner (Tim) is expecting another quantity. I have a friend in Auckland who can make me buy the camera and freight through Fedex. Can let me know if you are interested.

I am keen. How to arrange?

The kit lens seems to be 14-45. Can you pls. check how much it cost with 14-54mm ?

Thanks.

epong said:

Hi,

Just to update you guys. A couple of forum mates have emailed me. I have checked with Camera-Camera. The shipment will arrive on 21 May. The cost is NZD999, no VAT. The freight cost for one Fedex/DHL shipment approximates NZD130-150. I'm personally not very clear on how safe overseas shipment is. Can someone comment?

And to add on, they dun sell 14-54 together.
If you guys are interested, please pass me your email address. I can bcc you on the email correspondence.

epong said:
Hi,

Just to update you guys. A couple of forum mates have emailed me. I have checked with Camera-Camera. The shipment will arrive on 21 May. The cost is NZD999, no VAT. The freight cost for one Fedex/DHL shipment approximates NZD130-150. I'm personally not very clear on how safe overseas shipment is. Can someone comment?

Most overseas shipments and purchases are safe, but its always good to make yourself assured by finding about their ratings etc etc.

epong said:
Hi,

Question.

1) So the kit lens is 14-45mm?
2) Are we doing a MO or we go ahead and order on our own?

Did a conversion at www.oanda.com

Tuesday, May 10, 2005
1,200 New Zealand Dollar = 1,440.70 Singapore Dollar
1,200 Singapore Dollar (SGD) = 9,99.517 New Zealand Dollar (NZD

bariq said:
Most overseas shipments and purchases are safe, but its always good to make yourself assured by finding about their ratings etc etc.

I read about Camera Camera on dpreview. Dun see anything wrong with them, even through the email correspondence. At least they dun tell me to tell in advance.

The main problem is if we were to do a MO, we will have to pass on the funds to my friend in Auckland to pay first. Not sure how comfortable you guys will be with such an arrangement, especially since I am quite new to this forum.

epong

U told me in the PM, u shld be getting the 14-54mm lens. Is there an option to top up with the kit (14-45)? If yes, and idea how much?

Thks

digitalbuff said:
epong

U told me in the PM, u shld be getting the 14-54mm lens. Is there an option to top up with the kit (14-45)? If yes, and idea how much?

Thks

What do you mean by option to top up? The set from Camera Camera comes with the 14-45mm. I dun want that, hence I wanna get the 14-54mm from you. I asked CC before, said they dun offer an option to top up to a 14-54mm. That's why I'm scouting around for one.

Any update on this offer???

koolz said:
Any update on this offer???

Just received an email from them today. Extract:
"We have recieved more stock on the Olympus E1. The kit now includes a 1GB 80x speed compact flash card for $1249.00 NZD. Goods shipped UPS"
Not sure if the price includes shipping. I have already emailed them on advice for payment and additional info. Will update this thread accordingly.

epong said:
Just received an email from them today. Extract:
"We have recieved more stock on the Olympus E1. The kit now includes a 1GB 80x speed compact flash card for $1249.00 NZD. Goods shipped UPS"
Not sure if the price includes shipping. I have already emailed them on advice for payment and additional info. Will update this thread accordingly.

Really good deal !! Go grab it !! Quick !!

The deal from Camera and Camera does not include the shipping from UPS. I also placed an order. Waiting for them to send the invoice. I estimate that the shipping will be another 100-150 making the whole investment about SGD1700. PLs note that there IS international warranty of 1 yr.

So exciting.

digitalbuff said:
The deal from Camera and Camera does not include the shipping from UPS. I also placed an order. Waiting for them to send the invoice. I estimate that the shipping will be another 100-150 making the whole investment about SGD1700. PLs note that there IS international warranty of 1 yr.

So exciting.

U will luv the E-1 's handling

The original price was $999 NZD without the CF card, the price now is $1249 NZD with a CF card, so the CF card is $250 NZD? Is it still possible to get it at $999 NZD without the CF card?

koolz said:
The original price was $999 NZD without the CF card, the price now is $1249 NZD with a CF card, so the CF card is $250 NZD? Is it still possible to get it at $999 NZD without the CF card?

Yes. That's what I did

So anyone doing a MO? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.