Dyslexia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Angelus

Jan 5, 2005
Singapore
lord-angelus.deviantart.com
Will you give Dyslexia people the chance to do jobs or join in classes which they are very good in it like design and etc without seeing their "school paper" marks?

Becuase in NAFA, i went to go and ask about their full time study in arts, and the people in NAFA were kind of rude/look down on me when I just go and said that I have no school paper becuase I have dyslexia but I have works to show. And mostly they just give a "look down on you" look

If you can get what I mean.

I think those ppl that look down on you are are ignorant pple.

even if its really a criteria for entry to have some papers, they shouldnt have look down or be rude to u.

should respect you.

upz for u!

zcwnfx said:
I think those ppl that look down on you are are ignorant pple.

even if its really a criteria for entry to have some papers, they shouldnt have look down or be rude to u.

should respect you.

upz for u!

Just that not making a big fast about it. I am just thinking that it is not fair of the other people who have dyslexia. I seen some people who have dyslexia and they are down outs but their art works or story (with alot of spelling wrong) are good. But they dump into people that will look down on them or think they are fooling around when they ask people about spelling and etc.

In Singapore, paper qualification come first. They don't care how good you are. Without paper qualification, they don't even give you a chance.
It is rude of them to do that to you.

Ola said:
In Singapore, paper qualification come first. They don't care how good you are. Without paper qualification, they don't even give you a chance.

Not only me... The Rest that having the same pomble. I just think it is not fair to them.

they are rude like hell... I and my friend just go and ask. and there was a guy before us asking about sending in his work and get inreriew from NAFA. We were close to the guy becuase we were waiting for our turn to ask. And when it was our turn to ask, the lady said "I just told the guy just now about it".. we were like nabe what the hell you are talking about. we just got there and the way she said is that we heard everything she just told the guy. And when said that i was dyslexia and no paper qualifbation... she give the black face and "sucks-to-be-you" look

ok. I heard from friends that NAFA after you are 25 years old, you can just only show your work and get an inerview from NAFA. But when we went ask, it still comes back to the part where you still have to show your paper qualification.

we are not living in a fair world, and most people of course will take your dyslexia as their advantage over you, nothing to complain.

Share us your work? let's give some advice or encouragement?

what is the point you want to get into that kind of system that only recognise paper results? We want to disown it but we are actually people that make this kind of system exist. If real talented individuals will get appreciated by most people, who will get into that kind of 'stiff' system?

If we all agree that school system stupid and biased why we want to get into it? coz in the end, we get a certificate to be recognised? are you the one who feed that system?

If the reason you want to get in that school is to learn sth about graphic design, i am quite sure there are other places you can learn, but without a cert? what is your choice? you can change the system if you want.

It got to do with how well general public understand about what is Dyslexia.

Even when I was in UK, not many people know much about Dyslexia, but thanks to Richard Branson (the boss of Virgin, who is also a Dyslexia)who has raised more public awareness about Dyslexia, after quite some publication and interview etc about it.

Unfortunately, Singapore being a certificate chasing country and the public are not well inform about what is dyslexia doesn't help.

Not sure with a attachment of Doctor confirm diagnostic of Dyslexia plus some explaination on the letter will help or not.

Lord_Angelus said:
Will you give Dyslexia people the chance to do jobs or join in classes which they are very good in it like design and etc without seeing their "school paper" marks?

Becuase in NAFA, i went to go and ask about their full time study in arts, and the people in NAFA were kind of rude/look down on me when I just go and said that I have no school paper becuase I have dyslexia but I have works to show. And mostly they just give a "look down on you" look

If you can get what I mean.
Its a messed up place.... buggers here are only interested in paper qualifications. Not just NAFA that does this. :angry:

LENS said:
we are not living in a fair world, and most people of course will take your dyslexia as their advantage over you, nothing to complain.

Share us your work? let's give some advice or encouragement?

lol... My work is share around the forums and web.

na... becuase I was just asking the same time becuase I have a friend which is having the same promble as me and he is good in drawing and painting but wants to stay in NAFA. So mostly the same timing just ask the people. (I got my own job now. But was thinking of upgrading)

Ola said:

I had the experience too (i'm not dyslexic).
Without official paper qualifications, no matter how good you are in your field or other fields, most likely it would no be recognised.

So much for 'promoting talent' eh?

Lord_Angelus said:
lol... My work is share around the forums and web.

na... becuase I was just asking the same time becuase I have a friend which is having the same promble as me and he is good in drawing and painting but wants to stay in NAFA. So mostly the same timing just ask the people. (I got my own job now. But was thinking of upgrading)

hi Lord_Angelus,

Just try your talent other place? maybe when talented people like you start to piss off academic system like these, then things will be changed.

redstone said:
I had the experience too (i'm not dyslexic).
Without official paper qualifications, no matter how good you are in your field or other fields, most likely it would no be recognised.

So much for 'promoting talent' eh?

My group of artly people did come and asking this qus. singapore wants to promo talents But we do not see where it is going to. Yes, there is talents comp in singapore like noise singapore, shine youth and etc.

It got to do with how well general public understand about what is Dyslexia.

Even when I was in UK, not many people know much about Dyslexia, but thanks to Richard Branson (the boss of Virgin, who is also a Dyslexia)who has raised more public awareness about Dyslexia, after quite some publication and interview etc about it.

Richard Branson is a daring guy. One thing I pretty like about him is that he is daring to do things.

In Singapore, some knows about dyslexia becuase of Mr Lee Kuan Yew and Lee's daughter Lee Wei Ling have dyslexia. But their dyslexia is not serious one. TIMES did write about that before.

Lord_Angelus said:
My group of artly people did come and asking this qus. singapore wants to promo talents But we do not see where it is going to. Yes, there is talents comp in singapore like noise singapore, shine youth and etc..

I kena this before, but is poly.

Promoting talent, but not recognising them most of the time. How ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.