Dynax 7 Focusing Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

UY79

Oct 22, 2003
Bedok
www.yuhwoeiphotography.net
Hi yall,

Has anyone tried changing the focusing screen on the Dynax 7? And does anyone know the cost of changing one at Minolta service centre?

Was thinking of replacing the original one with a type S (crosshair) or L (grid).

TIA!

Just give a call to the showroom or just give them a visit. Nothing is better than getting it from the horse's mouth. ;)

UY79 said:
Hi yall,

Has anyone tried changing the focusing screen on the Dynax 7? And does anyone know the cost of changing one at Minolta service centre?

Was thinking of replacing the original one with a type S (crosshair) or L (grid).

TIA!

I replaced it with a Type L (grid). It can only be done by a Minolta service center, it is not user replaceable as on most earlier cameras. It was ridiculously expensive (they had to send the camera to Germany) but at least it is done... :rolleyes:

All my cameras have grid screens. I think they are a must...

Magnus Wedberg said:
I replaced it with a Type L (grid). It can only be done by a Minolta service center, it is not user replaceable as on most earlier cameras. It was ridiculously expensive (they had to send the camera to Germany) but at least it is done... :rolleyes:

Hi Magnus,

Don't you find it obstructive to the view? I wish 7D will have some kind of superimposed grid or something like Nikon has that can be activated when required.

Cheers!
Des

deslim27 said:
Hi Magnus,

Don't you find it obstructive to the view? I wish 7D will have some kind of superimposed grid or something like Nikon has that can be activated when required.

Cheers!
Des

No, in fact, not at all! The one on the Nikon camera you mention (N/F80) is more noticeable as the lines of the LCD screen are somewhat thicker, but the hairlines on a "real" grid "just disappears" when you look at distant objects (OK, so it's not a problem on the F80 either). But of course, views differ...

Magnus Wedberg said:
No, in fact, not at all! The one on the Nikon camera you mention (N/F80) is more noticeable as the lines of the LCD screen are somewhat thicker, but the hairlines on a "real" grid "just disappears" when you look at distant objects (OK, so it's not a problem on the F80 either). But of course, views differ...

Thanks.. sounds great. Anyone changed in SG service center before? I wonder how much..

Magnus Wedberg said:

Huh?! Since when Minolta became a German camera?

XXX Boy said:

Huh? Since when was Minolta not associated with Germany? :dunno:

XXX Boy said:

Which line did Magnus said so? :bsmilie:

He said his camera was sent to Germany service center to change focus screen only.

XXX Boy said:

Since last month -- didn't you notice?

;)

No, they are trimming down their organization, so the only service center available (in all of Europe? Dunno, but I think so) is in Germany. So for a trivial one minute change they have to send the camera hundreds of miles. And they call it "efficiency"...

Magnus Wedberg said:
Since last month -- didn't you notice?

;)

No, they are trimming down their organization, so the only service center available (in all of Europe? Dunno, but I think so) is in Germany. So for a trivial one minute change they have to send the camera hundreds of miles. And they call it "efficiency"...

That's Minolta's definition of efficiency.... and that's probably why Minolta had to merge with Konica.... gives u real confidence eh?! :D

Pardon me if I'm wrong! I thought Minolta and Konica are Japanese brand? Why does they have to send it to Germany then? Can't the Singapore service centre or the main branch in Japan fixed it??

XXX Boy said:
Pardon me if I'm wrong! I thought Minolta and Konica are Japanese brand? Why does they have to send it to Germany then? Can't the Singapore service centre or the main branch in Japan fixed it??

Yes, Konica Minolta is Japanese brand. Magnus is from Sweden, not Singapore. The nearest service center is in Germany for his case.

deslim27 said:
Yes, Konica Minolta is Japanese brand. Magnus is from Sweden, not Singapore. The nearest service center is in Germany for his case.

Oic! So it is not assoated with Germany la :D

$30 bucks ? Thats cheap. Only for Dynax 7 ? How about 700si ? I'm using some manual M42 lenses and its tough to focus them without a screen.

ninelives said:
$30 only. :thumbsup:

Yo! Thanks! BTW, is it a 1 min job? :bsmilie:

So I don't have to go down twice.. difficult for me to go to city area..

Sounds great....

deslim27 said:
Yo! Thanks! BTW, is it a 1 min job? :bsmilie:

So I don't have to go down twice.. difficult for me to go to city area..

have to wait for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.