DxOMark - K5II Did It Again!

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
I guess we all knew that K5 has the highest sensor performance score by DxOMark standard in the past 2 years. Well, our new K5II did it again:

DxOMark - Pentax K5- II: Showing the competition how it's done

The new camera beats all other APSC cameras and some FF dSLR cameras in sensor performance, it even managed to score a little bit higher than the already great K5 in low light ISO performance!

I really love their verdict about the K5II's performance:

The Pentax K-5 II is a remarkable piece of kit, it scores better in the DxO mark tests than several very highly thought of, full frame DSLRs, beating all the cameras made by Canon! It manages to do this in a body that is very reasonably priced. Add to this that you can fit lenses to the K-5 II that Pentax made as far back as 1975 and the multitude of independent lenses that are available and this camera becomes not only a remarkable performer but also a fantastically versatile camera at an exceptional price.

GO PENTAX GO!

fengwei said:
I guess we all knew that K5 has the highest sensor performance score by DxOMark standard in the past 2 years. Well, our new K5II did it again:

DxOMark - Pentax K5- II: Showing the competition how it's done

The new camera beats all other APSC cameras and some FF dSLR cameras in sensor performance, it even managed to score a little bit higher than the already great K5 in low light ISO performance!

I really love their verdict about the K5II's performance:

GO PENTAX GO!

Yes yes...thats the way pentax....cheerssss....is there any k5iis dxomarks test?

Last edited:
If Pentax goes with this winning formula on coming models, I can imagine how good these will be.

In practical use, since the K5IIs files will need no/less sharpening than the K5II for the same results, one can get sharper photos w/o pushing the file in PP so much.

pinholecam said:
If Pentax goes with this winning formula on coming models, I can imagine how good these will be.

In practical use, since the K5IIs files will need no/less sharpening than the K5II for the same results, one can get sharper photos w/o pushing the file in PP so much.

Bingo bro...i like the way u say it...cheers

...beating all the cameras made by Canon!

Wah like that cannot consider buying Canon liao!

Wow impressive! Agreed with Denis and my eyes open big big together with a smile when I saw "beating all the cameras made by canon!" :)

................... :bsmilie: ........ so funny ................

In APSC already such killer... once FF out with same formula it will become...

Level 1 APSC best overall winner : PENTAX K5II & K5IIs
Level 2 FF best overall winner : PENTAX K3?
Level 3 Above FF best overall winner : PENTAX 645

Overall winner of all DSLR winner : PENTAX aka "God of DSLR" camera :vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

fengwei said:
I think guys from C camp won't be happy when they see this :bsmilie:

Those who jump from C camp will be happy though hahah.

In APSC already such killer... once FF out with same formula it will become...

Level 1 APSC best overall winner : PENTAX K5II & K5IIs
Level 2 FF best overall winner : PENTAX K3?
Level 3 Above FF best overall winner : PENTAX 645

Overall winner of all DSLR winner : PENTAX aka "God of DSLR" camera :vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

........ :bsmilie: ........ Lol...

Guess this is gonna attract a lot of pixel peepers n measurebators too:x