dxo pro queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

socksiong

Mar 19, 2005
Pandan
www.socksphotography.com
Hi, anyone tried dxo pro before? Did a search in the forum but can't find any related threads.
would appreciate your feedback. thanx.

I used the trial version at home before and my views on the software:

It is very similiar to Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture but offers slightly more image processing features (go look up at their website for more details). The downside is it uses up a lot of system resources and user interface is not to my liking. It might take some time to go around using it effectively. Its main feature which I use the most is the specific lens distortion correction and perspective correction for the fisheye lens. Other than that, I feel when compared in terms of advanced post production, e.g. selective masking, layering and other effects, the Adobe Photoshop CS3 is much more versatile and flexible software. However, if you seek a one software that does it all e.g. basic image processing with a bit more advanced features and workflow management, you may want to give the DxO Optics another hard look.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

thanx,currently i'm using lightroom, thinking of changing to dxo cos it looks like it can offer much more for batch processing.

If that's the case, I think you won't go wrong with the DxO Optics Pro. Just make sure your computer hardware is up to date to cope with the software. Cheers!

I have been using this software for 1.5 years from version 4 to version 5. The software would definitely save time in post processing workflow. However, you would really need a powerful machine to run the batch processing. At least 2 GB RAM and duo core 2.4Ghz.

Ever since I started using DxO Pro about a year ago, I have rarely found the need to use Photoshop or Capture NX, unless I need to create some special effects. I am very satisfied with DxO and if I were to choose only one software for my Nikon D300 and D80, this will be it.

Good morning David

The product comparison page is rather confusing.

http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/dxo_optics_pro/product_comparison

If I'm using a camera that says that it's fine with the "standard version", is there any specific or (rather) important function that is only available in the "elite version"?

Thank you. :)

Ever since I started using DxO Pro about a year ago, I have rarely found the need to use Photoshop or Capture NX, unless I need to create some special effects. I am very satisfied with DxO and if I were to choose only one software for my Nikon D300 and D80, this will be it.

None at all. All the features and functions are the exactly the same but only the Elite version supports the truly professional cameras, namely the Nikon D2X(s) and D3 and the Canon 1D series. I think the 5D may also come under the Elite version.

you can try as well Capture One 4... it seems to work faster than previous versions of the software and I prefer its workflow to Adobe ACR or dXo...

Status
Not open for further replies.