DxO mark comparisons: Canon 550D vs Sony A550

Status
Not open for further replies.

android17

Sep 27, 2009
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en.../333|0/(onglet)/0/(brand)/Canon/(brand2)/Sony

The below tests are conducted by DxO Mark

Summary:

Noise: A550 wins in all ISO settings
Dynamic Range: ISO 200-400 A550 wins. ISO 800 onwards 550D wins. (I'll take better low ISO performance anytime)
Tonal Range: A550 wins in all ISO settings
Colour Sensitivity: A550 wins in all ISO settings

Last edited:
Bro - you gotta see that the Canon 550D is a pre-production model. :think:

Of cos i know its a pre production model :)

try to check the noise in "print" rather than "screen" (setting in the dxomark's top left cornor).

otherwise, higher pixel density will be worse by "natural".

for example, as a reference, you can see even the old canon 450d is "better" than 7d/550d in "screen" of dxomark.

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en.../333|0/(onglet)/0/(brand)/Canon/(brand2)/Sony

The below tests are conducted by DxO Mark

Summary:

Noise: A550 wins in all ISO settings
Dynamic Range: ISO 200-400 A550 wins. ISO 800 onwards 550D wins. (I'll take better low ISO performance anytime)
Tonal Range: A550 wins in all ISO settings
Colour Sensitivity: A550 wins in all ISO settings

dxomark seems not reliable 1 ><! from what i've felt

i am abit confused but doesn't both cameras come pretty close in the 4 scores? the differences is negligible in the scores.

but of cos if u wanna brag abt it, sony alpha is the best! :)

DXO's performance parameters are determined by algorithm and mathematical functions, which become irrelevant under the inspection of the eye, no winners or losers, only perceptions & preference.

At least to my tastes when viewing sample images, these scores have had no correlation to whether I like the output of any particular camera..so far it has been the case for all the cams i have viewed. take scoring with a pinch of salt

:)

Last edited:
This is written in the DxOMark website.

"DxOMark Sensor scale and dxomark.com measurements reflect only the RAW sensor performance of a digital camera."

So it is comparing the two cameras.

bah... another of these thread yet again...

End of the day Sony still wins in one area... AF CZ glass :heart:

Doesn't really matter i feel both will be awesome cameras in hand of a good photogs

Status
Not open for further replies.