DX camera recommendation

Anyone know where can I get a screen protector for the E-M10 monitor?

Thanks.

Anyone know where can I get a screen protector for the E-M10 monitor?

Thanks.

Any shop that you buy the EM10 from. Just buy from that shop and ask the sale person to paste it for you. If you are polite enough, they will do it.

Any shop that you buy the EM10 from. Just buy from that shop and ask the sale person to paste it for you. If you are polite enough, they will do it.

The shop that I bought the E-M10 does not have the actual screen protector size.

The shop that I bought the E-M10 does not have the actual screen protector size.

Just try your luck among the standard few good shops ;) I've gotten screen protectors done at T K , John 3:16, SLRR, Alan photo and Click! before

If desperate , go to a hand phone accessories shop that does customization for screen protectors.

Just try your luck among the standard few good shops ;) I've gotten screen protectors done at T K , John 3:16, SLRR, Alan photo and Click! before

If desperate , go to a hand phone accessories shop that does customization for screen protectors.

Thanks.

Anyone knows if Akarui dry cabinet has to manually calibrate for both Analog and Digital?

Last edited:
Thanks.

Anyone knows if Akarui dry cabinet has to manually calibrate for both Analog and Digital?

Why not try Digihub dry cabinet with digital one ? Im noob so use digital save my time =)

Why not try Digihub dry cabinet with digital one ? Im noob so use digital save my time =)

Please read this thread about the basic technology and functions: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481380
Analog or digital is just the display and does not say anything about accuracy.
To verify accuracy of the built in devices (or: displays) get an alternative one (hardware shows, Sim Lim tower). To calibrate the hygrometer please use the salt test.

I also got consider Digi-Cabi but not sure if the digital one is also just the display?

Please read this thread about the basic technology and functions: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481380
Analog or digital is just the display and does not say anything about accuracy.
To verify accuracy of the built in devices (or: displays) get an alternative one (hardware shows, Sim Lim tower). To calibrate the hygrometer please use the salt test.

I read that thread previously but never mention about whether there is automatic calibration.

I also got consider Digi-Cabi but not sure if the digital one is also just the display?
It is some form of automatic system (controlling humidity by setting of thresholds) with a digital display.

I read that thread previously but never mention about whether there is automatic calibration.
Nothing like this has ever been seen in consumer electronics.

It is some form of automatic system (controlling humidity by setting of thresholds) with a digital display.

Nothing like this has ever been seen in consumer electronics.

Are you saying that Digi-Cabi and Akarui dry cabinets with digital display still have to manually set the thresholds ?

Thanks.

Are you saying that Digi-Cabi and Akarui dry cabinets with digital display still have to manually set the thresholds ?

Thanks.

Yes. You need to manually set the thresholds, there really is no way out. But frankly speaking, that is one of the simplest thing to do, just push some buttons and thats all. Read the manual that came with your dry cabinet and you will be fine. I am not sure about the dry cabinet now... but four years ago when I got mine, it took around two or three days to stabilize and reach the humidity that I have set. So I wouldn't be too worry about seeing weird humidity for a couple of days before it finally settle down.

TS... sometime, pardon me for saying... sometime I feel you worry too much for quite a number of things. I would say, don't worry, be happy. Photography is not suppose to give you stress, it should help you relax. Just get your camera + lens + necessary accessories and have fun.

Last edited:
You are mixing up two terms.
1) Calibration = adjust and verify that the measuring device displays shows the really existing conditions. That means: if it shows 50%RH then it is really 50%RH, not 60%.
2) Threshold Settings = giving the target range for the RH value. This must be done by you. Dry cabinets can be used for many different purposes with varying requirements for RH. Therefore it is the job of the user to set appropriate thresholds according intended usage.

Yes. You need to manually set the thresholds, there really is no way out. But frankly speaking, that is one of the simplest thing to do, just push some buttons and thats all. Read the manual that came with your dry cabinet and you will be fine. I am not sure about the dry cabinet now... but four years ago when I got mine, it took around two or three days to stabilize and reach the humidity that I have set. So I wouldn't be too worry about seeing weird humidity for a couple of days before it finally settle down.

TS... sometime, pardon me for saying... sometime I feel you worry too much for quite a number of things. I would say, don't worry, be happy. Photography is not suppose to give you stress, it should help you relax. Just get your camera + lens + necessary accessories and have fun.

A good way to speed things up is to turn on the a/c and leave the dry cab open for a while.

I agreed with you. Sometimes I just researched too much and loaded with too much information that probably confused my decision.

Anyway I got my camera + lens and some accessories already. Currently, missing the tripod, dry cabinet and camera sling.

You are mixing up two terms.
1) Calibration = adjust and verify that the measuring device displays shows the really existing conditions. That means: if it shows 50%RH then it is really 50%RH, not 60%.
2) Threshold Settings = giving the target range for the RH value. This must be done by you. Dry cabinets can be used for many different purposes with varying requirements for RH. Therefore it is the job of the user to set appropriate thresholds according intended usage.

Thanks for the clarification.

A good way to speed things up is to turn on the a/c and leave the dry cab open for a while.

Do you mean open the door of the dry cabinet for a while?

Last edited:

Hmm... good idea... never think of that :) Learn something new everyday.

Thanks bro.

Very secure. My bro used it with his D800e. No problem there. If it is only for your EM10, I am not seeing any problem at all.

Thanks.

I wanted to get the OP/Tech Utility Strap™ - Sling but it seems like out of stock at all shops so thinking of alternatives.

AP-F: Alan Photo, #02-07 Funan The IT Mall | 6883-0922 | alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
AP-S: Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square | 6336-0922
CP-1: Cathay Photo, #01-11, 14 Peninsula Plaza (Main) | 6337-4274
CP-2: Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Printer Section) | 6338-7783 |
CP-3: Cathay Photo, Peninsula (Tripod Section) | 6338-0451 |
CP-M: Cathay Photo, #02-215, Marina Square | 6339-6188 |
JO: John 3:16, #05-37 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6337-2877 | 6337-1897 |
MS: MS Color (Main), 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C | 6457-6380 |
MS: MS Color (AMK Hub), 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 #02-24 | 6452-2828 |
OP: Orient Photo, #06-31 | 53 Sim Lim Square | 6339-1035 |
SLRR: SLR Revolution, #05-K7 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6336-8767 |
TK: T.K. Foto Technic, #02-14 Funan Digitalife Mall | 6292-4533 |

Send them an email to ask for quotation before going down. That way, you get to compare prices. Note that some shops sell some item cheaper than others but other items more expensive so you have quite a bit of shopping to do. Don't bet on just one shop.

Also one friend word of reminder... "Only buy items that you have done research and gotten e-quote on." Forget about buying filters and the such. Normally when you bought something, alot of salemen will ask you to buy UV filter too, it is up to you to take up the offer, but normally, I will just forget about it. So far none of my lens has any UV filter on, and I don't see the needs for it. Secondly... if you don't know that particular brand of filter, you might open up some chances for the shop to chop carrot.

Thanks bro for the advice, very informational :D