DVD writer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bern

Mar 12, 2006
Lost
Hi guys,

Need help about DVD writer BenQ EW167B.
Was told by the saleman that this writer can write DVD- and DVD+. But whenever I try to write it on a DVD- format it keep on display "Format not supported". Any idea what when wrong, please advice. Thanks.

Hi guys,

Was told by the saleman that this writer can write DVD- and DVD+. But whenever I try to write it on a DVD- format it keep on display "Format not supported". Any idea what when wrong, please advice. Thanks.

should be some configuration problem.
http://www.benq.com/products/Storage/?product=822&page=specifications
stated that it is capable of writing both - and + format.

Hi guys,

Defective media most likely.

ya the spec said can, but try 2 disc liao also cannot.

Yes, try different brand of disk may work.

Hi guys,

Hi, your problem could be due to a few reasons..

1) The disk is spoilt (yes, i ever encountered more than 5 disc error in one go...at the end of the day...you get what you pay for) :)

2) the disk speed limit? I do know that - media are usually slower. tried writing at 2x?

3) driver/sw problem? Not sure what you can do...but try reboot, close down all apps that are not used, msn, internet browser etc etc.

Thanks guys, will try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.