DVD writer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bern

Mar 12, 2006
Lost
Hi guys,

Need help about DVD writer BenQ EW167B.
Was told by the saleman that this writer can write DVD- and DVD+. But whenever I try to write it on a DVD- format it keep on display "Format not supported". Any idea what when wrong, please advice. Thanks.

ExplorerZ

Jan 9, 2006
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
Hi guys,

Was told by the saleman that this writer can write DVD- and DVD+. But whenever I try to write it on a DVD- format it keep on display "Format not supported". Any idea what when wrong, please advice. Thanks.
should be some configuration problem.
http://www.benq.com/products/Storage/?product=822&page=specifications
stated that it is capable of writing both - and + format.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
Hi guys,

Defective media most likely.

Bern

Mar 12, 2006
Lost
ya the spec said can, but try 2 disc liao also cannot.

JaPhotos

Sep 25, 2006
Singapore
Hi guys,

Hi, your problem could be due to a few reasons..

1) The disk is spoilt (yes, i ever encountered more than 5 disc error in one go...at the end of the day...you get what you pay for) :)

2) the disk speed limit? I do know that - media are usually slower. tried writing at 2x?

3) driver/sw problem? Not sure what you can do...but try reboot, close down all apps that are not used, msn, internet browser etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom