DVD / VCD scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
make a copy if u r able to. but read somewhere on the net b4, that putting your CD in the freezer for some time will 'fix' the problem n you can read the disc again ... ok ok stop laughing ... i didn't make that up ok! :D u can give it a go as a last resort ... just make sure no kids mistake that for an ice cream ... :D

renegade said:
make a copy if u r able to. but read somewhere on the net b4, that putting your CD in the freezer for some time will 'fix' the problem n you can read the disc again ... ok ok stop laughing ... i didn't make that up ok! :D u can give it a go as a last resort ... just make sure no kids mistake that for an ice cream ... :D
aiyooo
all scaring me :(

renegade said:

err... the normal cd is made of 3 parts. the top plastic, the alloy, den bottom plastic...

if you put into the freezer, the alloy may or may not expand but the thin plastic may crack when you leave it in for a long time.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
err... the normal cd is made of 3 parts. the top plastic, the alloy, den bottom plastic...

if you put into the freezer, the alloy may or may not expand but the thin plastic may crack when you leave it in for a long time.

quite true hor :D ok forget about this method :D

RuthBaby said:
Yo... I heard tt there are some solutions to recover some scratches on the vcds right?
it just kept skipping
:~
Where can i buy them?

Hi, I did rescue a cd for my friend b4. One track was skipping big time. I use the scratch mender cream made by Narita. I estimated where the problem causing scratch is by the track no., applied the cream with the supplied cloth and it played beutifully. I then quickly made a copy with CD-R in case the effect wore off. So do give it a try, you have nothing to lose. The cream I guess covered the scratch to a certain extend and made the CD passable with the error correction of most players. But I do not agree with painting the whole cd with the cream as it may cause some loss in details. So far the cd and copies play well in my system. You can get the cream in SLS.

RuthBaby said:
Yo... I heard tt there are some solutions to recover some scratches on the vcds right?
it just kept skipping
:~
Where can i buy them?

Like the pal here just said, the "cream" are useless. Maybe ecc35 has a better "cream" I dunno. I saw there are service that uses silicon or something to fill the gap in the CD but if the scratches cut into the silver optics layer then no use. Otherwise, burn a copy quick!

renegade said:

No leh...Did not fix my problem....Accidently left City Slickers overnight in the freezer and then the next day the VCD warped - looked like an ashtray !!! :(

I did nt believe it the cd coz i got one sandy lam CD crsytalised for some wierd reason.

I challenge the ah beng sales man to fix it for me with his cream. The whole disc skipped and jam like mad one but he manage to save all but one track.

I think, pretty good already... bring your disc down and tell them you will buy if it work as proven on your disc.

BTW I did n0t buy! :bsmilie:

Inimatad said:
No leh...Did not fix my problem....Accidently left City Slickers overnight in the freezer and then the next day the VCD warped - looked like an ashtray !!! :(

go get a compensation from renegade... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.