dvd+ or -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
which should i use if i want to duplicate dvd movies? dvd+R or dvd-R?

i think DVD+R shd be more widely acceptable. apparently DVD-R is not readable on some players? not too sure...

check it out at hardwarezone.com

amazing. u'r upping your own post dated 18mths back!! u haven't fig out in 18mths? or is this a technical glitch.hmm..

http://www.videohelp.com/ will have all the answers and more that u need...

For me, it's DVD-Rs because my DVD player reads DVD-Rs and I prefer to watch them on a large screen.

The bottomline line is if you are planning to play it on DVD players, check which formats it reads. If you're playing it on your PC-DVD Writer, either one will do. In addition, do note that not all DVD+R/-R medias are made equal ... there are more reliable brands such as Fujifilm (which I'm currently using).

All the best!

how much are the fujifilm dvd disc?

Taiyo Yuden dyes on Fujifilm DVDs... It's a dollar apiece the last time I bought it, prices might had fallen.

Anyway, I tend to burn my stuff on - format all the time. Works perfectly.

I use Verbatim+R for videos, readable on my panasonic dvd player. :)

depend on your player

i use both + and -. + burns slightly faster and can squeeze more bytes :bsmilie: I normally buy them for Znix in SLS.

now then i realised got + and -, other than different kind of formats, any differences in quality and capactiy?

I am just guessing but I think DVD-R is for backward compatible with some older DVD players. I had a client who had trouble playing the slide show as I gave them a DVD+R. So I had to buy some DVD-R to reburn the slide show and it works brilliantly!

Hommie will probably have better answer.......! Yoh Uncle Hommie, HELP!

yep, I can confirm that in general, DVD-R is more compatible with practically all DVD players.

Status
Not open for further replies.