DVD-Burner for backup archiving Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
Hope to get a DVD-Burner from the PC-show, wondering anyone got any brands to share and also some prices for me to compare ? ;)

hmm seriously i had still no idea which brand i shld be going to, budget wise, hope to get one below $150 (is it possible ?)

Ok, now at least i know which brands to avoid (mainly Phillips & Sony's right ?)

Get the Benq 1640 @ $99. They are having a sale now at Shaw Towers.

$99 quite affordable can save some money buy other stuffs. hmm maybe go see see too.... i go find out the specs now~

HippingHippo said:
Get the Benq 1640 @ $99. They are having a sale now at Shaw Towers.
From rumours: Avoid the BenQ.

SLS selling $99 somemore can record double sided. Can't remember the brand though. Great value for money.

jbma said:
SLS selling $99 somemore can record double sided. Can't remember the brand though. Great value for money.

Do you mean single-sided dual-layer? I think double-sided DVD writers have not proliferated to the market yet.

yaoxing said:
Do you mean single-sided dual-layer? I think double-sided DVD writers have not proliferated to the market yet.
DVD RAM got double side.

Aaa, then can give me other models to consider ? =) thnx in advance~

Now i searching Plextor models >< bt no idea which is newer/better.

leeter said:
Aaa, then can give me other models to consider ? =) thnx in advance~

Now i searching Plextor models >< bt no idea which is newer/better.

Get the TDK. Have use so far *Touch Wood* not a single problem.

LG would be the second choice.

SONY n BENQ.......... :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

yaoxing said:
There are double-sided DVD recorders. I saw one at $99 and another at $120 or $130. I was shocked but dare not venture into it yet as it is still new. The double-sided DVD media is still expensive but 9.4GB each disc :bigeyes:. I am using Iomega Super drive that can take any format -R, +R and also DVD-RAM. Been using it for 2 years+ now.

jbma said:
There are double-sided DVD recorders. I saw one at $99 and another at $120 or $130. I was shocked but dare not venture into it yet as it is still new. The double-sided DVD media is still expensive but 9.4GB each disc :bigeyes:. I am using Iomega Super drive that can take any format -R, +R and also DVD-RAM. Been using it for 2 years+ now.

9 GB?... you can achieve that with a double layer single side disc right?...

Say if you get a double sided dual layer recorder... 18GB per disc... ;p now tat's something

Eh?... Sony TAT BAD meh?... been using a Sony Double Layer recorder, no problem *touch wood* so far...

Wow, you guys so "in" de ... 2 years ago already started using DVD-writer.

For the + - and ram, is that the requirement i shld get ? a writer that can write all three ?

And for the dual layer !? what is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.