dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

crysmatch

May 2, 2008
there dust INSIDE my lens. how do i clean it or where i hahe it cleaned. thanks

There is dust in your home too. Clean it today; it'll come back tomorrow.

Don't worry about the dust in your lens. All lenses have dust in them in varying degrees, but it does not affect your images (unless your dust comes in large clumps or layers).

there dust INSIDE my lens. how do i clean it or where i hahe it cleaned. thanks

The Service Centers of lens manufacturer should be the first point of contact.
Dust at your sensor is worse, don't get too upset about dust in the lens.

if it doesn't affect your photos, then it's fine i guess. :)

thanks to everybody... so i can just leave it like that? n yes it doesn't appear in the picture.

thanks to everybody... so i can just leave it like that? n yes it doesn't appear in the picture.

Yes, just leave it. How much confirmation do you need? :) BTW which lens is this? Some lenses seem to be more prone to dust than others. If it gets to be a problem, bring it to the service center. If you're feeling adventurous, take it apart yourself (there's a site somewhere showing how to take apart a Canon 17-55mm for cleaning, for example). I don't recommend it, but you could try.

nikkor 55-200 vr, yes ithink ican take a few screw loose, i just need very small screw driver. thanks

plactic mount nikon lens get dust easier than the metal mount ones so dont worry so much as long as is not fungus.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

sometimes in fixing a certain null problem, you create other problems which might actually affect your life. right now, it does not affect you, and it will not aggravate into something which will affect you. so why bother? :)

Dust on the front element and lens interior does not show up in pictures. However, it does scatter the incoming light a bit and contribute slightly to flare and image degradation. Dust also gets into the focusing mechanism which shortens the operating life of the lens. However, unless you shoot regularly in high dust environments, like deserts, or your lens is over a decade old, the dust should not be a problem.

Anyone know to service a DSLR without warrenty at the service center....how much will it cost?

Anyone know to service a DSLR without warrenty at the service center....how much will it cost?

Your question has no relation whatsoever to the thread topic. You should be starting your own relevant thread.

In any case, it largely depends on what the problem is, doesn't it? Replace your car windscreen and your car engine. Both are repairs, but the cost is different, no?

i think i had enough to know that my dust won't be a problem, anyway some day i will bring it to the service centre. thanks to everybody 4 u'r kind help.

Status
Not open for further replies.