dust spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedetto13

Nov 23, 2007
Bukit Batok
www.flickr.com
how to clear them off my camera? im quite sure its in my camera and not the lens.
if i bring it to a shop,how much would it cost? or i can try it myself first?

i dont know if there is a mirror lockup function via manuel in canon bodies but maybe in bulb mode once your shutter is lift up use a blower to blow.
then turn to A mode f22, mf on a white piece of paper then snap a shot, look for any dark spots on pic while doing a pixel peep on the cam lcd or on your computer monitor.

common topic...i'm sure some ppl will ask you to search for it by threads using the key word dust.
there's a few threads like this in the newbie section as well.

i dont know if there is a mirror lockup function via manuel in canon bodies but maybe in bulb mode once your shutter is lift up use a blower to blow.
then turn to A mode f22, mf on a white piece of paper then snap a shot, look for any dark spots on pic while doing a pixel peep on the cam lcd or on your computer monitor.

common topic...i'm sure some ppl will ask you to search for it by threads using the key word dust.

thanks! i shall go try it when i get back.can i just use the blower to blow when i remove the lens? there's a mirror thing there.

thanks! i shall go try it when i get back.can i just use the blower to blow when i remove the lens? there's a mirror thing there.

when in bulb mode after you press the shutter button, your cam mirror is flip up, (do not power down your cam during this process! cos once you off your cam the mirror is flap down again), allowing you to just blow the sensor without the mirror in the way.

do read your cam manual to find out if there's a mirror lockup function to use instead cos is safer that way instead of using bulb mode.

Not only this. A look into manual will reveal the "Sensor Cleaning Function" - 400D and 450D have ultrasonic cleaning function. In addition, there is the possibility to open shutter for manual cleaning. Please read carefully your manual and check existing threads here in forum. You are not the first one asking this question - and you might not be the first one damaging his camera by doing something wrong.
If you have no idea about sensor cleaning at all you better go to Canon Service Center and let them do the job. Costs will be around 25 bucks as far as i remember.

You need a dust blower and set your camera to "Sensor Cleaning Function" and start blow the air into the sensor. Not too close to avoid damage the sensor, off the power and on. Take a few shoots with a clear white back ground at different locations with f stop about 25, the small dusts will show only smaller that f/11. View on PC and check for any dusts spot if yes repeat the whole process again and again.

This is house keeping maintenance job you need to learn and do as long as you are using DSLR with a few lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.