Dust spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutiedoggy

Nov 28, 2009
is that what u call it? dust? i spotted one in my photos and its kinda irritating. HOw do i get rid or it?! i tried the dust removal thing that is built in in my kx then i tried cleaning the lenses and stuff but i dared not touch the inside cause i rmb someone mentioned that cant touch the inside.

do i need those cleaning kit or smth?

if you have a rocket blower you can try to do a mirror lock up and give it a few blow. If you dont have, then i suggest you buy one. Its the cheapest, safest and easiest way to clean your sensor.

first, try using blower as liveevil suggested.

after blowing, use the antidust removal thing a few times, then check again.

if doesn't work, means need wet cleaning or more aggressive type of cleaning. if you have no confidence, best to send to service centre.

if not, just use sensor swab/equivalent (i use good quality cotton buds) + e2 (or eclipse, but i think most pentax newer cameras use e2), read up on how to do it, it is not that hard, just need to be slow and steady.

Do you have any samples of the photos? A rocket blower is best but you have to pump it at an angle, otherwise the dust speck will get blown into the same spot.

relax... dust is everywhere... it will come back again and again and again and again... just use a blower on mirror up...

use swap unless its absolutely necessary... there is a piece of filter in front of the sensor so they are not as fragile as you think...

dust spot is easy to clone away, no show stopper... its just additional work...

agree. just ignore the dust.

using blower is tricky. if you overdo it, it will probably blow the dusts up to the focusing screen, even pentamirror. then greater trouble comes :)

relax... dust is everywhere... it will come back again and again and again and again... just use a blower on mirror up...

use swap unless its absolutely necessary... there is a piece of filter in front of the sensor so they are not as fragile as you think...

dust spot is easy to clone away, no show stopper... its just additional work...

IMGP5436.jpg

think only in bright sunlight then able to see. but the blower thing, how do i go about doing it? later i make it worse! =X if go to professionals how much will it cost?

IMGP5436.jpg

think only in bright sunlight then able to see. but the blower thing, how do i go about doing it? later i make it worse! =X if go to professionals how much will it cost?

It's quite easily done.

Find the mirror up option in your menu but please make sure you have a fully charged batt before you do that.
Once the mirror is up, unmount the lens.
Use the blower and pump it at all different angles at the sensor (but do this in a place without so much dust).
After you're satisfied, turn off the camera.
Fix on your lens, take a couple test shots to see if it's clear.

I know how irritating it can get but avoid changing your lenses in the middle of a dusty road. Prevention is always better than cure. ;)

I've done it with my K-x.
Use Giottos air blower. now the dust is gone.

i believe just any camera shop i'm able to get it?

Not all selling the giottos. I got mine from alan photo. Saw it in cp too.

Status
Not open for further replies.