Dust specks in SLR mirror?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wzx

Hi, besides using the blower is there any way to get rid of stubborn dust in the mirror ? Cos thru the viewfinder keep seeing 2 specks. will that affect the picture taken? Thanks!

Barrios

May 19, 2002
Visit site
wzx said:
Hi, besides using the blower is there any way to get rid of stubborn dust in the mirror ? Cos thru the viewfinder keep seeing 2 specks. will that affect the picture taken? Thanks!
The specks may not be on the mirror, it could be on the focussing screen or in the pentaprism. If on the mirror, it would be a blessing as they could be easily removed.

W

wzx

Barrios said:
The specks may not be on the mirror, it could be on the focussing screen or in the pentaprism. If on the mirror, it would be a blessing as they could be easily removed.
Hi, Is that a problem that should be dealt with & will that affect the picture in any way? thanks

Barrios

May 19, 2002
Visit site
wzx said:
Hi, Is that a problem that should be dealt with & will that affect the picture in any way? thanks
As long as the dirt is not in the lens big enough to be visible through the viewfinder, it will not show up on the photos. :D

chriszzz

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
wzx said:
Leave it alone. Avoid touching the mirror yourself in case you scratch it. It does not affect the image quality, and unless it obstructs your vision, its not doing any harm. You can send it for professionaly cleaning if you want.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
the mirror i simply use t-shirt to clean it :bsmilie: wont die one... so no worry :)

showtime

May 2, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
it irritating when it stuck on the upper side of the focussing screen... i cant get it off my camera... sucks... so have to live with it or send for cleaning lor.

ST1100

Jun 18, 2003
Singapore, Bedok
clive said:
the mirror i simply use t-shirt to clean it :bsmilie: wont die one... so no worry :)
The mirror is surface coated, unlike normal mirrors which is a layer a glass over a silver coat. Don't scratch the coating. It will irritate you a LOT more than the specks of dust.

BTW, if it's film, just ignore it. If it's a digital SLR, better get rid of it before it finds its way behind the mirror, behind the shutter, and onto the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom