dust particle inside my Oly C700 lens


Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YES

Guest
#1
hi..
my Oly C700 got a small dust particle inside the lens.. just to check will it cause any harm later as time goes.. should i send for cleaning?.. my C700 only 2month old..
thanks alot.. :)
 

Kei

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,080
0
36
#3
Originally posted by YES
hi..
my Oly C700 got a small dust particle inside the lens.. just to check will it cause any harm later as time goes.. should i send for cleaning?.. my C700 only 2month old..
thanks alot.. :)
if it doesn't affects the photos u took, then should leave it :)
 

Klause

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,417
0
0
34
Bedok
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by Keito


if it doesn't affects the photos u took, then should leave it :)
Agree wif keito.. I have 1 dust particle in mine too.. If it does not affect the picture, then you can dun care abt it
 

zhapchit

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
693
0
0
North-East
Visit site
#5
i had this problem before. Couldnt stand it so i sent it in to Olympus to get it cleaned. Got the camera back after a few days :D
 

Y

YES

Guest
#6
thanks for all ur reply..
cheers :)
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#7
in case more gets into the lens in the future, get a lens adaptor and a UV filter if you haven't already done so, and keep them on your camera 24/7. This will seal up any crevice that will allow dust to get it.
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#8
Originally posted by Tweek
in case more gets into the lens in the future, get a lens adaptor and a UV filter if you haven't already done so, and keep them on your camera 24/7. This will seal up any crevice that will allow dust to get it.
The extending lens allows some very small dust particles to slip thru....in the C-2100uz there's no such prob cos the whole lens unit is sealed.
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#9
Originally posted by Jayan


The extending lens allows some very small dust particles to slip thru....in the C-2100uz there's no such prob cos the whole lens unit is sealed.
good for you. :)
 

Y

YES

Guest
#10
thanks guys
so how much a UV filter cost? what is the model for C700?
thanks alot :)
 

tangcy

New Member
Jan 30, 2002
149
0
0
44
Pasir Ris
Visit site
#11
Hi Yes, tcy here from aquarealm.com

for c700, i believe u need an adapter to use the UV filter
 

Y

YES

Guest
#12
Originally posted by tangcy
Hi Yes, tcy here from aquarealm.com

for c700, i believe u need an adapter to use the UV filter
hihi..
nice to "see" u here... thank u for recommending this forum to me...how is ur planted tanks?.. haha.. long time never hear from u..
well..it is www.aquarealms.com .. got s behind..
cheers :)
 

Y

YES

Guest
#13
hi guys..
so do i need a adapter to use the UV filter for my Oly C700?
how much will it cost and also the filter? which models?..
thanks alot..
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#14
Originally posted by YES
hi guys..
so do i need a adapter to use the UV filter for my Oly C700?
how much will it cost and also the filter? which models?..
thanks alot..
Send a PM to Mr. Klause or any of the C-700uz users, some of them should have both the lens adapter and UV filter.

U know where to find the C-700uz users listing???
 

Y

YES

Guest
#15
where?..
thanks..:)
 

Y

YES

Guest
#17
cheers :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom