Dust on sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Hi..there..but after blowing/wiping the dust away...it keeps coming back...it seems that there is alot of dust inside my cam which keeps falling onto the sensor....
any idea how to get rid of them?

i did a search liao..
got good sites like this:
http://www.outbackphoto.com/workflow/wf_85/essay.html
but i gather the safest way is to send for sevicing issit?

if alot of dust is getting in..you've got to ask yourself why. i've taken my time to change lenses etc but still i don't have dust problem. recently sent my cam to canon SC but they told me my sensor is clean. not sure why u have so much dust inside.

safest is bring to nikon sc la.

seanlim said:
Hi..there..but after blowing/wiping the dust away...it keeps coming back...it seems that there is alot of dust inside my cam which keeps falling onto the sensor....
any idea how to get rid of them?

i did a search liao..
got good sites like this:
http://www.outbackphoto.com/workflow/wf_85/essay.html
but i gather the safest way is to send for sevicing issit?
no need...just ''pui'' inside, and use ur T-shirt to clean.....:devil:
Nah....bring it down to NSC...
mabee coz ur CCD too much static liao....

sometime dust isn't on your senor but on the mirror. try clean the mirror and see if there is any improvement. good luck to you.

Vincere said:
sometime dust isn't on your senor but on the mirror. try clean the mirror and see if there is any improvement. good luck to you.
If the dust is on the mirror, it is very unlikely that you will be able to see it in the viewfinder.

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
if alot of dust is getting in..you've got to ask yourself why. i've taken my time to change lenses etc but still i don't have dust problem. recently sent my cam to canon SC but they told me my sensor is clean. not sure why u have so much dust inside.

safest is bring to nikon sc la.

Hi Isaiahfortythirtyone,

You very sure your CCD is very clean ? Maybe you might want to do this test to check

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=153255

Hope you don't see anything extra appear :)

I read that Eclipse is a high concentration ethanol. Ethanol is not too plastic friendly- so one has to be very careful in applying Eclipse to clean the sensor as the sensor is bordered by plastic. Anyone has any feedback onr comments on the process? Thanks.

I have one bottle of eclipse to let go, never used, wanted to do my own CCD cleaning last time, now give up... rather send in for general servicing + cleaning :)

Eclipse is not high concentration ethanol, it is suppose to be PURE ethanol (nothing is pure, marketing hype). It is purer than medical or lab grade ethanol. By being pure, it prevents leaving smudges of liquid stains on the sensor glass.

Eclipse will not harm the plastic on the camera body. If in doubt, take ethanol and start scrubbing the plastic on an old camera. You'll find it quite OK. :)

yowch said:
Eclipse is not high concentration ethanol, it is suppose to be PURE ethanol (nothing is pure, marketing hype). It is purer than medical or lab grade ethanol. By being pure, it prevents leaving smudges of liquid stains on the sensor glass.

Eclipse will not harm the plastic on the camera body. If in doubt, take ethanol and start scrubbing the plastic on an old camera. You'll find it quite OK. :)
Wow.. if it's purer than medical/lab grade ethanol then it must be quite expensive because of the tax since it would be drinkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.