Dust keeps dis/re-appearing on photos! (Even after using blower)

ahmad0420

Mar 6, 2010
Yishun
www.shadefotoworks.com
Hey all,

Just bought my Sony A230 a few weeks ago and I'm having this problem.

This long "dust" particles keeps reappearing and disappearing from my photos. And at all occasion, it appears at the same place, but shifting side to side.

Got an example here -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahmad0420/4437666781/ (It's seen on the top right of the photo.

Went to Sony Style at Paragon to "blow" it away, it went away for a while till it reappears again.

If its the dust in the sensor, why does it keep appearing at the same place? Or is it somewhere else?

Regards,
Ahmad

Nah, looks like dust. I'd say it may be time to go beyond just using a blower. Maybe leave it with Sony for cleaning?

Blowing is not enough for stubborn dust. Need wet cleaning.

What I used to do is "shake and blow" with the mirror raised up and the body facing down.

Hey all,

Just bought my Sony A230 a few weeks ago and I'm having this problem.

This long "dust" particles keeps reappearing and disappearing from my photos. And at all occasion, it appears at the same place, but shifting side to side.

Got an example here -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahmad0420/4437666781/ (It's seen on the top right of the photo.

Went to Sony Style at Paragon to "blow" it away, it went away for a while till it reappears again.

If its the dust in the sensor, why does it keep appearing at the same place? Or is it somewhere else?

Regards,
Ahmad

after you send for dust-cleaning, be more conscious of how you change lens. keep it to a minimal if possible and avoid changing lens in windy or dusty places.

Hmm thanks for the info, my friend told me its dust behind the mirror? Is it covered under warranty? I didnt know how I get it as I did not do any lens changing since I bought my camera. I'll try the shake and blow, if still fails, I'll send it to sony.

Anyway, it only become obvious at high fstop eg. f22..

Hmm thanks for the info, my friend told me its dust behind the mirror? Is it covered under warranty? I didnt know how I get it as I did not do any lens changing since I bought my camera. I'll try the shake and blow, if still fails, I'll send it to sony.

Anyway, it only become obvious at high fstop eg. f22..

Guess what's behind the mirror? THE SENSOR~ So it's dust on the sensor:bsmilie:

*oh only if you exclude the shutter curtain*