dust in viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerider

Jan 20, 2010
hi people, i see some spots of black dots the size of full stops in my viewfinder. is it normal?? how much does it cost to clean viewfinder + sensor? thanks! and how long will the both cleaning session take?

Last edited:
Use the search button. This topics have been discussed MANY MANY TIMES. You will get faster information by searching

hi people, i see some spots of black dots the size of full stops in my viewfinder. is it normal?? how much does it cost to clean viewfinder + sensor? thanks! and how long will the both cleaning session take?

depends on what camera u r using.

If its a Sony, its free. Cos Sony Service Centre cleans sensor, VF, mirror dust etc etc everything for free if its under warranty. Even lens dust they also clean for free.

Canon and Nikon i think their warranty dont cover cleaning at all (someone verify?), so gonna cost alot of money.

Please lah... Just do a search for "dust in viewfinder" and start reading!

Hey come on, cut the newbies some slack as they might not be aware of the culture in the forum and its rules and regulations. A gentle and simple reminder will suffice instead of bashing them at first sight which is just plain rude. :rolleyes:
1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.

Hey come on, cut the newbies some slack as they might not be aware of the culture in the forum and its rules and regulations. A gentle and simple reminder will suffice instead of bashing them at first sight which is just plain rude. :rolleyes:

That wasn't even bashing. That was still friendly. I even gave him the search term.

Well, they have to agree to the terms and regulations before joining...

2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.

That why in SAF the screwed up people are the enciks not the officers remember? Why because they thought they are old bird but they still have to call a 2LT, SIR. So what to do for our situation here, just suck it up man, 9V-Orion Images.

For newbies, it is better to say Hi! in CS newbies corner than asking a question because you will find a better answer in Google and risk not to get some irrelevant comments. Furthermore, only 1 out of 10 questions will be answered and the rest will only be "Do a search" so why waste time and allows the old bird to increase post count just by saying it?

Dust in viewfinder is common nothing to worry and it does not affect picture. Dont spend time and money to clean it unless you are cleaning the sensor too and you can ask them to clean it together.

I find viewfinder dust very irritating though, so i send it for cleaning since its free.

I didnt even need to send it to sony service centre. I just pass it to a sony style shop near my house, and they send it to service centre for me.

oops. really sorry. i didn't know about the search first den ask policy...my apologies people...anyway thank u everyone for your kind help!

oops. really sorry. i didn't know about the search first den ask policy...my apologies people...anyway thank u everyone for your kind help!

How come? You have to agree to the T&C when subscribing. So you don't read the fine prints of your contracts and agreements? Gonna be an interesting life :bsmilie:

power power.

first time i see Rashkae using the word Please, even though it might have been out of exaperation! haha!

i think Donny's example of the SAF might not really be fitting to be used in the context of CS. i am quite sure Rashkae is a very helpful person, just with a bit of a snappy character. it doesnt make him bad or loving to screw people.

but can yu imagine, 5 new kids everyday asking the same questions online, and 1 of the 5 demanding answers, and being the helpful Rashkae he wants to help? when they dont even bother trying to just flip pages to the next 5 to see if the questions they have in their heads, is already asked, just a day ago?

if its you, will you get pissed after a while?

To TS:
Dust on VF, can be cleaned easily with a brush and a blower. what you see on through the VF might not be on the VF, but the mirror instead. if its on the mirror, use a blower. it should most likely get rid of the dust. if it still doesnt, remember, never touch the mirror, and ask for professional help.

Status
Not open for further replies.