Dust in view finder

Silverback84

Jun 24, 2011
I changed to another lens and the dust is still there. It is not appearing in any pics thro. How do we get rid of the dust?

take out the focusing screen and wipe it. but it is very easily scratched, be very gentle. or live with it you'll forget it's there..

Don't take the focusing screen out till you're sure it's between it and the pentamirror/prism. Try just blowing on the bottom of the focusing screen first with a blower, and see if it comes off.

I placed an order for a blower I'll try blowing it 1st then if it does not help I'll try another method. Thank u for the advice.

If it's on the top side of the focusing screen try to find a gap in the holder and blow through that hole. Please don't ever wipe the focusing screen, it's more likely that you'll screw up and leave a scratch than getting it clean

after blowing the sensor with MUP there is a speck of dust on the VF. But really, as long as it does not affect my IQ I am okay with it.

Although the camera is sealed, its exposed each time you change the lens. Hence it is important to avoid doing it in dusty environment. If unaviodable, point the camera downwards when changing lenses. And unless you are quite savvy in removal of dfelicate components, I suggest to leave it alone and get Kelvin from Emjay to help you clean it when you have the opportunity. A friend of mine tried to do this with his brand new Canon camera and it ended up back at the service centre for realignment!

I actually "managed" to overlook the small peck of dust cos it's not so visible anyway then today the bomb dropped... I saw a peck of dust est 7 times bigger in the focus lens...