Dust in the Camera ~ Please advice

wkyalan

Oct 8, 2009
Singapore
Hi Clubsnap Bro / Sis

I just notice my Canon 1000D have a dust on every picture today. :bheart:
Need your advice
1) My camera have warranty, does they provide cleaning ? Advisable ?

2) Normal Cleaning done by outside Retail cost roughly how much?

3) I took a Landscape picture.. the dust locate on the right center of it..how to identify where is the dust inside the camera ?

4) Any technique to clean the dust...

Just a dust really know how to make my day bad :cry:

use the manual mode for cleaning, then use a blower and blow it off the sensor... however do not touch the sensor, it will be a disaster if you get it wrong...

Firstly, identify if the dust is on your camera's sensor or is it on/in the lens. If you have more than 1 lens, try shooting with other lenses with small aperture (big F number) against a light background like the sky and see if the spots are gone when you switch to another lens or if the dust is still there at the same position as the other lenses.

1. Not sure about canon, but I think if under warranty they should be able to do it for free or for a minor charge. Send to them to do since the technicians there should be trained for all these kind of cleaning. If there is actually just a spot of dust only maybe you can clean it off yourself, see point 4. If not, sending the canon service centre would be best.

2. Not sure... hehe. Maybe the seniors can advise.

3. If the dust is on the right centre; if you dismount your lens and look at your camera's sensor, the dust should be on your left centre.

4. The most basic technique would be to use a blower to blow off the dust on your sensor. Basically, ensure that your battery is fully charged (most advisable), enable cleaning mode (see your camera manual), switch off your camera, dismount lens, face body downwards, use blower to blow off dust from sensor.

Sometimes the dust will be blown off, more stubborn dust would remain there, OR in worst scenarios, you may even end up with more dust! You can either continue blowing (use your blower only, not your mouth!) or.. proceed to point 5.

5. Purchase sensor cleaning swabs and solution and DIY yourself a cleaning kit and start wiping the sensor.

For more detailed information, do a google search for cleaning sensor dust :).

Just a dust really know how to make my day bad :cry:

Make your own day by using the Search engine. Dust is quite a common issue since it's everywhere in this world. Many people have asked the same question. A simple call to CSC can answer the question about costs for cleaning if under warranty. The number is printed on your warranty card and also listed here.

Hi Clubsnap Bro / Sis

Hello

1) My camera have warranty, does they provide cleaning ? Advisable ?

Yes, but it takes a while. Best to learn how to do it yourself, takes about 5 minutes.

2) Normal Cleaning done by outside Retail cost roughly how much?

Depends, and very variable. In general, best to do it yourself.

3) I took a Landscape picture.. the dust locate on the right center of it..how to identify where is the dust inside the camera ?

A flashlight will show you where it is on the sensor.

4) Any technique to clean the dust...

Yes, it's in your manual, and posted all over the web, and multiple times here on CS. learn how to use google, it will benefit you in the long run. Just search for "how to clean sensor dust". Or read your manual.

Thank you everyone for the advices ~ i will try later do the cleaning ~ WISH ME good luck ~

Do so with due care and patience ~!

Do note that you will need to lock the mirror up to see the sensor, there should be a menu option that allows you to do that. Good luck :)

Thank you everyone for the advices ~ i will try later do the cleaning ~ WISH ME good luck ~

Just blow it away. It is easier than what you think to lock up the mirror and blow away the dirt. :)

One dirt breaks your heart. Wait when you see the 30+ dirts on my sensor. ;)

Just blow it away. It is easier than what you think to lock up the mirror and blow away the dirt. :)

One dirt breaks your heart. Wait when you see the 30+ dirts on my sensor. ;)

Wow ~ then every picture got dust :sweat:

Noob question ~ only high aperture picture can see the dust clearly right?
lower aperture picture not so obvious ba LOLz :bsmilie:

4644388882_890a5f312b_b.jpg

this is wat i mean ~ a dust when i shot on the watch F22 although picture is blur hahaha