Dust in Tamron 90 Macro Lens - How To

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiip

Aug 12, 2005
Hi There, not sure if it's the place to post but as I'm using 20D ...

I've been using my 90mm Tamron for Sentosa Flowers last week. As usual thought I cleaned the lens properly...

On normal shots, nothing appears. BUT when it comes to very close Macro, I see a Hell Lot of dark dusts on my pics !!! You can imagine how nice it can be on a very smooth yellow flower ... :nono:

But when checking the lens in sunlight I see nothing. :dunno:

Any advice on how to clean Macro lens and be sure I don't get that kind of dusts ?

For your info the lens is very new, did use it only 2-3 times ...

Thanks for your help ;-)

you sure it is not your sensor with the dust problem? Dust on lens is pretty common and rarely appear in the image.

Poon said:
you sure it is not your sensor with the dust problem? Dust on lens is pretty common and rarely appear in the image.
No problem with sensor, with other lenses no dust appear.

Even with the same lens but at different distances, the dust does not appear on the picture.

Only on very close up... (exactly where you don't want to have that kind of S...T appearing...)

Could you post an example image? It could be you only see the dust when used with wide DOF... everything tends to show up then.

Terence said:
Could you post an example image? It could be you only see the dust when used with wide DOF... everything tends to show up then.

No Pics avail at the moment, will post one tonight, but basically true, macro shot with wide DOF...

Fiip said:
No Pics avail at the moment, will post one tonight, but basically true, macro shot with wide DOF...

should be your sensor,try another lens shoot at F22 and see how.

Status
Not open for further replies.