dust in lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepy

Dec 6, 2003
Bukit Batok
I encountered dust in my lens (the one that comes with the D70).

And it seems the dust gets more each time I scrutinise it carefully. Worse still strands of fibre (I suspect its from my camera bag, a crumpler! )

Is such cases under warranty? can it be sent back for cleaning?

how did the dust get into it in the first place? Isn't the lens casing sealed?

Dust in lens is normal as the lens is not seal-proof. It won't affect your images. If it is under warranty, you can pop by Nikon Service centre to have them remove it for you, that is if you are still uncomfortable with dusts. Search this forums as there are quite some threads covering on dusts in lens.

when u zoom in and out, air goes in, thus dust goes in too.

Can't be avoided, the more you blow (trying to clean your lens), more dust goes in.

sleepy said:
I encountered dust in my lens (the one that comes with the D70).

And it seems the dust gets more each time I scrutinise it carefully. Worse still strands of fibre (I suspect its from my camera bag, a crumpler! )

Is such cases under warranty? can it be sent back for cleaning?

how did the dust get into it in the first place? Isn't the lens casing sealed?

Same here, fibre strands inside the kit lens. Chia lat man. :cry: By the way if under warranty, the service is free? And how long will it take for the servicing? The kit lens is really a joy to use. :thumbsup:

just go down nikon for dusting of your lens.... very fast one just 10 - 20 mins. dust liaoz he return to you.... that's all.... no charge.

Thanks SianZronG Appreciate that

Status
Not open for further replies.