Dust in Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceecookie

Deregistered
May 22, 2007
Hi,how many of you have lens(particulary those push-pull) that have dust residing inside?
Do you shrug it off as a wear and tear sign or panic and start saving for a replacement lens.
Whether the dust affect the image does not matter.

It is common.
In fact you might even have some specks in new lenses.

start saving for replacement lens ??!? :bigeyes:

Ryan

Tiny specks are normal and will not affect pic quality unless it's on your sensor. My 17-40 have a few tiny specks of rainwater inside after 2 occassions of shooting in light rain. My lens is supposed to be 'weather-proof' but u see what happened.

dust peck in my canon 400mm prime lens as well...:sweat::sweat::sweat:

Every lens sure will have dusts specks inside one lah.

:thumbsup: even buy new lens also come with dust as free give.:bsmilie:

There are even my level of clean room. Class 10000, class 1000 and so on...

I believe the level of cleanroom of producing lens is not as high as wafer fabrication right?

So just live with the dust in the lens and dun be bother by it. :)

There are even my level of clean room. Class 10000, class 1000 and so on...

I believe the level of cleanroom of producing lens is not as high as wafer fabrication right?

So just live with the dust in the lens and dun be bother by it. :)

Yes wafer fab plants require a higher level of "cleaness", up to as little as 10 particles per square inch.

There are many ways of reducing dust in lens for those who are so particular :

1 Only shoot in clean environment like in aircon places or studio.:cool:

2 Buy only those lenses that are sealed, with constant length, nothing that moves when you zoom and focus. You will end up with much, mucho less dust. :thumbsup:

3 Learn how to carry out cleaning of the elements in the lens yourself. Understand that someone might be conducting such a course. With that, you can clean your lens after each and every shoot! [just like you got to clean your M16 after every shoot, right] :bsmilie:

There are many ways of reducing dust in lens for those who are so particular :

1 Only shoot in clean environment like in aircon places or studio.:cool:

2 Buy only those lenses that are sealed, with constant length, nothing that moves when you zoom and focus. You will end up with much, mucho less dust. :thumbsup:

3 Learn how to carry out cleaning of the elements in the lens yourself. Understand that someone might be conducting such a course. With that, you can clean your lens after each and every shoot! [just like you got to clean your M16 after every shoot, right] :bsmilie:

Usually cleaning of lens elements is only possible for the front and rear element. The rest u'll have to open up the lens which is highly not recommended unless u're a professional of someone who's rich enough to buy replacement lens in case something happens.

hmm... i also got 2 specks of dust... suddenly just appear... but it is still under warranty... is it free to send it to NSC to remove the dust since it is still under warranty or is it advisable not to?:)

hmm... i also got 2 specks of dust... suddenly just appear... but it is still under warranty... is it free to send it to NSC to remove the dust since it is still under warranty or is it advisable not to?:)

Bro, dusts in lens is not covered under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.