Dust in lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

fintan

Oct 16, 2004
West
I just saw 3 black lines that look like dirt on my images. I used a blower on the filter and on the lens but the things were still there.

I removed the lens and looked through the back and saw lotsa dust making themselves at home there. Can i use a blower for the back?

fintan said:
I just saw 3 black lines that look like dirt on my images. I used a blower on the filter and on the lens but the things were still there.

I removed the lens and looked through the back and saw lotsa dust making themselves at home there. Can i use a blower for the back?

sounds like fungus to me

I thought fungus are fluffy looking and white? Maybe, i'm not knowledgeable enough and think that all fungus are fluffy and white. :dunno:

the 3 lines of dust actually displaces itself after using my hurricane.

Should i use the vacuum cleaner? ( kidding ;) )

fintan said:

it sounds more like dust on your sensor. try blowing your sensor and see if the "black lines" are still on your images.

some dust in your lense is quite normal and would usually not affect your picture significantly... unless you start growing furballs in there!!! :bsmilie:

erm. it might be fungus too. normally dust does not shows up in a long black lines. my dad used to have a very old slr. the lens has fungus in it but it may not be white. green black etc

looking through the back of the lens i finally see the black dots. I tried using the penlens cleaner..it doesn't work. Blower also doesn't really work. What should i do?

hey...
guys..can i knw how much usually is the price
for cleaning the lens..
need to knw..
cause one of my lens..got fungus..:(

Aiyah, one of my lens kenna fungus also. Will probably check with TCW this weekend. :angry: :cry:

Final_depth said:
hey...
guys..can i knw how much usually is the price
for cleaning the lens..
need to knw..
cause one of my lens..got fungus..:(

call 1800 799 8686

found out that P&G photographic center does fungus cleaning. anyone has idea about the quality of the cleaning? is the post cleaning calibration reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.