Dust...I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scenic98

Jun 11, 2004
dust2.JPG

sorry to start a thread on dust again, but I am in panic mode now.
there's a lot of spots in the picture abv. But when i look at the sensor, there's no visible dust on it. I have also blow cleaned the filter and the mirror...

can the sensor cleaning gurus pls advise.

dust2.JPG

there's a lot of spots in the picture abv. But when i look at the sensor, there's no visible dust on it. I have also blow cleaned the filter and the mirror...

well... u crop this picture to the size of your sensor, u won't see the dust as well... true?

since you are in panic mode, why not pay the professionals to clean it for you?

Ortega only charging $500 for a one time cleaning service (to finance his coming Penang trip). Very limited time offer for those in panic mode only. :bsmilie:

GO down to the service centre... tell then you need the sensor cleaned.

Pay a fee and wait for it to be done.

tks ... will do just that now.

I also have exactly the same problem...scenic98, can share how much you have paid for the cleaning fees after you've cleaned yours? :bsmilie: Anyway, i've no money to get it done now. Will just PS the dust away in my shots, bo bian :cry:

dust2.JPG

Have you tried using the blower on the sensor. It should clear most dust from the sensor.

BC

I also had dusts like these on my sensor. Blowing on it doesn't dislodge so i sent it to Canon Svc Ctr to clean, now spick and span.

I also had dusts like these on my sensor. Blowing on it doesn't dislodge so i sent it to Canon Svc Ctr to clean, now spick and span.

agreed, i did try blowing on the sensor but still didn't work. Didn't want to try blowing again as am afraid will blow more dust in there.

sending it down on Monday. Should be a day job right?

Sensor cleaning takes 2 hours, $21 at CSC. :)

Does anyone know where to go for sensor cleaning for Nikon? Price? Thank you.

Does anyone know where to go for sensor cleaning for Nikon? Price? Thank you.

Go to Nikon subforum to find out where NSC is.

$20 I think for out of warranty sets (and about 20 mins)

agreed, i did try blowing on the sensor but still didn't work. Didn't want to try blowing again as am afraid will blow more dust in there.

sending it down on Monday. Should be a day job right?

I suppose so. I sent mine together with shutter change and all of these including cleaning of focusing screen only takes a day.

Oh, it's there. Thanks thanks. :D

Price i dunno but Nikon Svc Centre's located at Fuji Xerox building ground level at Shenton Way area.
juz to correct, the grd lv is the showroom, the sc is on the 10th lv.

Er, did you check the lens you are using.

Skally the dust is all over the lens and you are sitting there playing with your sensor. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.