Dust Growth on Sensor

megascriler

Jun 18, 2005
Hi, I've been looking at my photos, and noticed that there are streaks at the bottom left corner.

These streaks appear to be the same size regardless of focal length. It is not a lens issue as I have switched the lenses to test out.

Can anybody confirm if these are streaks of dust? Because they don't look like usual dust spots. Thanks.

Sensor%252520Bug.jpg

By the way, the crops are not actual size anymore since the original file is 1280 pixels wide and clubsnap automatically resized it to 1000pixels wide.

It doesn't need to be dust, might be some stain or things like that. These can easily be removed if you use a sensor swab (can buy from Cathay Photo, I believe other shops also sell).

Thanks for the help.

I've not cleaned the sensor myself, neither have I sent it for cleaning before. But sensor cleaning will definitely help right?

I've not cleaned the sensor myself, neither have I sent it for cleaning before. But sensor cleaning will definitely help right?
It could help if the object is on the surface of the AA filter (which most people think of as sensor surface). If the lint is between AA filter and sensor then no cleaning will help, rather a warranty case then. Go to CSC for a detailed check and cleaning.

You need to take a picture at a smaller aperture, so you can get a clearer picture...

It could be a strand of hair or something. It may not be directly on the sensor, could be in between sensor and lens rear element, which happens at times. Can't tell until you shoot at F22, which would make it much clearer.

I've taken the photo at f22, and this looks quite worrying! It is a crop from the bottom left corner of the image.

Is this fungus growth?

Dust.jpg

Looks like fungus to me too. Btw, can ask how you store your camera?

looks like fungus and spores yup