Dust Dust Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
:cry: used my blower on my ccd 6 times juz now...... noticed tt blowing the sensor and not blowing...exactly the same hahaha.... the dust juz aint coming out..... alternatives ppl?

Hmmmm... So fast attract dust?? No point using blower lah ...
U want me to clean the CCD for u boh? I cleaned my S2 lotsa times already ...

p/s: But don't blame me if i spoil your sensor. Hee...

Witness said:
:cry: used my blower on my ccd 6 times juz now...... noticed tt blowing the sensor and not blowing...exactly the same hahaha.... the dust juz aint coming out..... alternatives ppl?

very normal...

can help and teach you how to DIY clean your CCD..

just PM me..

thanks alot guys....i got a cleaning kit....and azure got teach how to clean before....but not confident la...hahahah

I was taught by silver.wolf. I can help you.

Tethered shooting straight to the PC helps check the frame each time you rub the dirt off. External power is helpful.

Learn to do it yourself, you can then clean even when out in the field.

And the glass is certainly not easy to break or scratch, you have got to be a real ogre to kill the sensor this way!

Witness said:
thanks alot guys....i got a cleaning kit....and azure got teach how to clean before....but not confident la...hahahah

That's why i'm offering my help. SLA is one month. Hahahaa ....

yowch said:
I was taught by silver.wolf

I felt bad. After helping you to clean, your CCD was sent for replacement :(

silver.wolf said:
I felt bad. After helping you to clean, your CCD was sent for replacement :(

Sensor death nothing to do with cleaning. I had wonderful clean sensor shots of Malacca after that first cleaning that you did for me.

My sensor is now the third piece in the same body! :bigeyes:

Silver WOlf!!! I also wan!!!! Hehehe... Can help me or not.. hehe

use 3M tape.
not for the faint hearted :bsmilie:

sc002.jpg

sc001.jpg

3M got a wide range of tape. this particular one that is use for cleaning ccd will not leave any glue to the ccd - it will simply pick up the dusts and do the job well.

Wah i also need help to clean 1 particularly stubborn spot!

no confidence to clean even though Azure demonstrated too
:(

I heard abt the tape stuff as well.. but make me wonder which 3M tape is it.. hm...

Silverwolf. when??!!! HEhehee

Yo, Witness,
Sorry only got to see this today... busy week.

No I do not recommend using the tape. Even Fujifilm cautions against it, as do the good camera repair/cleaning professionals (eg Camera Hospital). I have seen a botched CCD... it isn't a pretty sight. The pec-pads and Eclipse solution is the recommended approach and it does work for the bulk of the dust. Unless it happens to be a very persistent piece, then you may want to send it to Fujifilm for cleaning.

So far, I believe to regular cleaning. And that has helped to keep the sensors on both my babies clean enough for work/play. Yes, clean enough to shoot f22 without worries.

Just helped witness to clean his CCD the other night.

Yo Gerald, test out the cleaned CCD, see can still spot any dust not? must clean in the daytime lah. hahaha ...

Status
Not open for further replies.