Dust blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minerva

May 7, 2009
Singapore
Hi! anyone can introduce me a good dust blower... I got a generic one which could not remove most of the dust on the senor and the viewfinder...

Anyone knows where I got get this rocket blower?

rocketblower.jpg

Someone mentioned it and I think it look cool and how good is it? :cool:

Hi,

Why don't you get the swiss A*F blower instead? It's better. You can get it from tk,ms color, john 3:16 for around $15. :)

Last edited:
Hi! anyone can introduce me a good dust blower... I got a generic one which could not remove most of the dust on the senor and the viewfinder...

Anyone knows where I got get this rocket blower?

rocketblower.jpg

Someone mentioned it and I think it look cool and how good is it? :cool:

Get it from CathayPhoto.
Got 3 sizes
Biggest one at $12 only.
:)

MS color also got... but i think i paid one or two bucks more for that...

frankly... i find this stronger than the generic one... strong current that won't require me to wipe off some sticky dust on the lens body...

Last edited:
I bought one from CP few mths ago. $12 for the biggest size.

Side track a little, is canned compress air any good for cleaning camera and lenses?

Side track a little, is canned compress air any good for cleaning camera and lenses?

need to see what's canned inside... some air canned including some material that's "cold"... and might create moist on some critical area...

ah... this one even stronger... used once at MS color when attaching a newly bought filter on lens... but the metal tip a little bit scary... :embrass:

Anyone experience the metal tip of the swiss blower flying out?

Anyone experience the metal tip of the swiss blower flying out?

Nope. But I have plastics nozzles of previous cheap blowers breaking off. Happy with A*F so far.

can mod by adding a short tubing 1-2mm longer than the metal piece.

need to see what's canned inside... some air canned including some material that's "cold"... and might create moist on some critical area...

Erm... basics of Physics. The air is cold because the pressure drops rapidly from inside of the can to outside. This leads to a drop of temperature. And regarding moist: The canned air is dead dry, where is the moist there? It needs more than a blow of compressed air to cool down your camera so that condensation kicks in.
Beside this: canned / compressed air is NOT recommended. You'll know why once you see some parts of your cam flying around ...

I think I know what you're talking about. If you hold the can stright up, there should not be a problem regardless how much you spary. But once you tilt the can you can see the propellant being blown out and the "condensation" can be seen.

Erm... basics of Physics. The air is cold because the pressure drops rapidly from inside of the can to outside. This leads to a drop of temperature. And regarding moist: The canned air is dead dry, where is the moist there? It needs more than a blow of compressed air to cool down your camera so that condensation kicks in.
Beside this: canned / compressed air is NOT recommended. You'll know why once you see some parts of your cam flying around ...

The air pressure from these cans are usually low enough to be safely used on all electronics, or at least the countless of cans that I have used. prehaps you are talking about a electric compressor? now that's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.