Dusk And Us Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

wong1979

Aug 16, 2005
sunsetBirds.jpg

hey, this is very nice! i do sense some romantic feelings in the air amongst the birds! yes, though they are looking at different directions, but there seems to have some "lao fu lao qi" kinda thing between them!

drumma said:
hey, this is very nice! i do sense some romantic feelings in the air amongst the birds! yes, though they are looking at different directions, but there seems to have some "lao fu lao qi" kinda thing between them!
Yeah, right on! :thumbsup:

fantastic shot!
it might be better if the pole/column they are on is slightly straigher, but then again, very nice composition.

Did you do any PS?

Thanks for the kind comments. I like this shot also.

Intox: It was taken during sunset where there are myriad shades of yellow,red and orange. However, I have to do some adjustment on the curves to bring out the vibrancy of the warmth.

Cheers..

brilliant shot! the profiles of the birds are so distinct against the colours. prettypretty. :)

intox said:
fantastic shot!
it might be better if the pole/column they are on is slightly straigher, but then again, very nice composition.
I think the slant in the column is quite charming. :)

i love the mood of this shot! very nicely captured~ :D

:thumbsup: gd shot. The mood it presents is nice

very good shot~! i like this one alot... have the feeling towards this one...

Good pic, good feel, good composition...everything is good ;p

I like this shot =)
Postcard worthy

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: sweet and delicate. The "orangeness" of the sky is just nice for me.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: nice. where is it taken?

:thumbsup: beautiful
maybe, you should ps away the lower left bright dot.

Thanks again for all the praises, I'm flattered :)

Shot was taken at Changi Boardwalk, and the birds are always there, standing on the kelong stilts. Black little birds with red eyes, no idea what they are.

Have a lovely year,
Cheers..

Now, thats a fantastic capture !

Did you wait long ? or was this one of those lucky ones?

NatRotciv said:
Now, thats a fantastic capture !

Did you wait long ? or was this one of those lucky ones?

I have to admit that this is sort of a snaphot :embrass: But then again, I have in the past tried to get the silhouette of the birds there before but to no avail because my max zoom was only 55mm at that time. As for this shot, my main intention was to photograph the sunset that day with wide angle. Then I remembered suddenly what I had failed to do so the last time. Changed my lens to 70-300 and shot a few while waiting for the sun to go lower.

Lucky shot, yup, I guessed so. But for your interest, this can be done with planning ahead too. The birds will always be there, that's what I observed. Be it morning or evening. So on a good day, anyone can just walk up there and take their so called "planned and well-executed shots", if you know what I mean.

However, personally, I feel that be it a planned shot or a snapshot, as long as it can evoke feelings in you, it is a good shot, a memorable depiction, story ...

Status
Not open for further replies.