Durai concedes liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
i am a bit sad at the sudden turn of events because we will be deprived of the juicy bits being revealed in court for about eight weeks. not to mention, the cut and thrust of arguments and counter-arguments as in davinder s agst durai. all these are ingredients for a novel. anyone writing?

That's precisely the reason why people concede cases - to avoid getting these revealed.

i am a bit sad at the sudden turn of events because we will be deprived of the juicy bits being revealed in court for about eight weeks. not to mention, the cut and thrust of arguments and counter-arguments as in davinder s agst durai. all these are ingredients for a novel. anyone writing?

Maybe he's pleading guilty in order to cop a plea-bargain.....

Bernard

I'm just curious to know: Had he, or had he not, been Waltzing Matilda???;p

This one is just the civil suit (brought on by new NKF to recover $$$). There's another criminal suit, right (Durai vs DPP) ? That one more fun.

What do you suggest for the title?

The Gloden Child? :bsmilie:

Since the 'cronies' still wanna fight the case, should have more revelations.

$12,000 a month on hotel stay. And Disneyland somemore. Even worse to think that if the idiot didn't try to sue SPH, his gross misuse of funds wouldn't have been revealed..

You mean AKF (Australian Kidney Foundation) offers him the CEO? :)

From the TT Durai wiki:

"It was also revealed that Durai had a business relationship with Matilda Chua, a one-time employee of the NKF, who left to start her own company. Not only did he invest in her business, but the NKF also gave her telemarketing contracts, and she eventually became a member of the NKF board as well."

;)

That's precisely the reason why people concede cases - to avoid getting these revealed.

Aren't court proceedings a matter of public record - ie: anyone can go and see the papers etc?

My opinion is that he has to concede simply becos he has no credible defence for what he's done.
:think:

Aren't court proceedings a matter of public record - ie: anyone can go and see the papers etc?

My opinion is that he has to concede simply becos he has no credible defence for what he's done.

well he is not subjected to cross examination at the moment. so no juicy details to read.
All there is is the plaintiff agruments. :bsmilie:

The papers only record things which are revealed by the plaintiff and defendent during the court proceedings. If nothing much is revealed during the proceedings, then nothing much to see.

If T.T. Durai had defended some of the accusations, then he might not have had to pay as much damages. As at now, he has conceded everything, meaning maximum damages (sum to be decided by the judge) are to be awarded. However, if the case drags on, the costs of the proceedings will escalate dramatically and if T.T. Durai loses the case, the amount of money he has to fork out will be much more. To Durai and some people, conceding as quickly as possible has the enormous benefit of avoiding revelations which would embarrass many people at high up places. Even the opening by the plaintiff's lawyer has already embarrassed a few souls in Parliament.

So it's damage control for him to concede.

Maybe he's pleading guilty in order to cop a plea-bargain.....

Bernard

That will be more suitable in a criminal proceedings and it could happen.

I won't be surprised if all the defendents admit guilt and it's another anti-climax and nothing much is revealed even during the criminal proceedings so as to avoid embarrassment and implications of some people of high public standing. (If I'm not wrong, the authorities will be pressing charges against them after this civil suit as part of the necessary show to the general public).

From the TT Durai wiki:

"It was also revealed that Durai had a business relationship with Matilda Chua, a one-time employee of the NKF, who left to start her own company. Not only did he invest in her business, but the NKF also gave her telemarketing contracts, and she eventually became a member of the NKF board as well."

;)

that lady look quite nice... i guess " business " must be really good. :think:

maybe he was offered some peanuts to concede..

Just for show..... if he goes to jail then maybe there is justice. Now it is just to end the saga swiftly before more beans are spilled and more "elites" find their names appearing in court. Even if criminal case, at most they say he is guilty and slap a fine on him. Big deal? he can afford to pay it...

Status
Not open for further replies.