Durability

loozhengyuan

Jan 16, 2010
What do they mean when they say the durability of a camera is 36k exposures ? Means after 36k shots , and the camera stops functioning ? Thanks in advance .

What do you think?

If they say a car tire is tested to normally last for 50k km. Do you think the tire will suddenly stop functioning at 50k km?

So i suppose that after 36k exposures , it will still be fine ? Like what difference will it make ? More noice or sth ? And can i check the exposure on my cam ?

So i suppose that after 36k exposures , it will still be fine ? Like what difference will it make ? More noice or sth ? And can i check the exposure on my cam ?

It can fail before, during or after. Just that as a guide, the shutter has be tested to that number of actuations. When the shutter fails, I can assure you that you will know it. And when it fails, you can opt to get the shutter replaced for around 200-300+ (also depends on the camera brand and model)

Which cam are you using btw? I do not know how to check the shutter count of your cam if I do not even know what camera you are referring to.

If you are referring to the D90 (you were mentioning in another thread), the shutter has been tested to 100k actuations, not 36k.

It can fail before, during or after. Just that as a guide, the shutter has be tested to that number of actuations. When the shutter fails, I can assure you that you will know it. And when it fails, you can opt to get the shutter replaced for around 200-300+ (also depends on the camera brand and model)

Which cam are you using btw? I do not know how to check the shutter count of your cam if I do not even know what camera you are referring to.

If you are referring to the D90 (you were mentioning in another thread), the shutter has been tested to 100k actuations, not 36k.

Thanks ! That's something very useful . I just want to know if I can sort of recycle the camera which you clearly stated it above . I'm actually referring to the M9 when I saw off the net . But well , now that I know d90 is up to 100k is something interesting . Thanks again .

check up Mean time between failure / Mean time to failure.
it is a rough estimate of how long the shutter unit works.
which means, u can suay suay fail before the number or even outlive the number for long long time ;) if the shutter fails, you can get it replaced for a fee.

ryan

check up Mean time between failure / Mean time to failure.
it is a rough estimate of how long the shutter unit works.
which means, u can suay suay fail before the number or even outlive the number for long long time ;) if the shutter fails, you can get it replaced for a fee.

ryan

HAHA , thanks . Will check it now .