Duotone Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipcs

Jun 16, 2005
JB & KL
www.philipcs.com
Dear all,

This is my very first try of Duotone Black and white effect.

P1060096-pp1-duotone-640.jpg

Steps:
1. Convert to B&W and adjust the color channel in Channel Mixer
2. Convert to grayscale then to duotone
3. Ink 1 as black.
4. Added light blue from PANTONE 306 C as ink 2.
5. applied some blur effect to another layer and set the opacity to 50%.

Your comment is important for me to improve further.

Thanks.

Very nice! :)

Dear all,

Steps:
3. Ink 1 as black.

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing! Very Nice. :)

Nice duotone effect. The water droplets and the texture of the petals are sharp. Except the portion near the center of the flower and the top left portion of the picture seems to be underexposed and lost of details.

Nice one .. you did it ...

I'm love the sharpness and the water droplets make it impact ... :thumbsup:

Nice work. How many photos to set up a personal Gallery exhibition? Have you considered?

Dear all,

Steps:
3. Ink 1 as black.

Thanks.
it's a very nice pic you have there. =)

i'm not trying to be offensive here, but just a side query, doesnt duotoning imply a use of two different colors like blue with orange? cuz black is not really considered a color and thus this picture turns out to be more of a 'colorize' tone than a true duotone.

maybe you would like to experiment with ink 1 as a different color?

Pretty pretty pretty!

Pretty pretty pretty!

sorry if i am harsh, but this is honestly a very unnecessary comment in the critique corner. it is not kopitiam. i am not a net nazi, but i've been seeing this manner of posting all over the critique corner, with not much thought or effort at providing critique whatsoever. if you think it is pretty, it would be better to explain at least a bit more. if anything, this would help the photographer improve, as well as you, i suppose.

regarding the ts' photo, well, certainly it is a well executed macro of a flower with great treatment in pp.. but if we are to nitpick, the left side of the photo seems to be darker than the other.. this kind of spoils it for me.. though it could be a personal take.

did you consider going up close to the petals against the rock? i'm thinking it could have been a very interesting abstract? shot. though going so close might be limited depending on the sort of equipment you have.

sorry if i am harsh, but this is honestly a very unnecessary comment in the critique corner. it is not kopitiam. i am not a net nazi, but i've been seeing this manner of posting all over the critique corner, with not much thought or effort at providing critique whatsoever. if you think it is pretty, it would be better to explain at least a bit more. if anything, this would help the photographer improve, as well as you, i suppose.

regarding the ts' photo, well, certainly it is a well executed macro of a flower with great treatment in pp.. but if we are to nitpick, the left side of the photo seems to be darker than the other.. this kind of spoils it for me.. though it could be a personal take.

did you consider going up close to the petals against the rock? i'm thinking it could have been a very interesting abstract? shot. though going so close might be limited depending on the sort of equipment you have.

Oops sorry. Would take note of that. Well I feel that the picture was quite nicely composed. The color is nice too, the blue brings out of a nice feeling. Although cold but beautiful. Like a moment of blossoming flower at it's best frozen in time

Status
Not open for further replies.