Duno what pics to take... very lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Take pics of people, scared pple see me.
Take night scene, pics come out not nice.
Take sceneries, Singapore cannot make it.
Take portraits, my camera sux.

Use a zoom lens.
Use a tripod. Compose properly.
Don't just go for tourist sceneries.
Good portraits is dependent on the photographer and model.
:thumbsup:

Macros.
Close-ups.
Architecture.
Wedding.
Events.

Alot of other things to shoot!

:thumbsup:

my camera rather big.
The moment i hang around my neck, all surrounding people will notice me.
Then i wont have a chance to take discreetly.

I also scared take alrdy people stare at me, or even worse, the subject approach me.

singapore is not a bad place for scenaries as what i perceive, there are so many areas that you can go

natural
chek jawa
macritche
sungei buloh

urban
esplanade ( yes alot of people have went there to take pictures,)
merlion park ( day / night)
buddha relic temple ( day / night)
upcoming integrated resorts
sentosa ( alot of place)
ferris wheel ( opening nxt yr)
clarke quay ( good for night shot)

emo? don shoot and you have less worry...

my camera rather big.

I also scared take alrdy people stare at me, or even worse, the subject approach me.

If you feel that why dun you do other genres? macro, landscape or architecture?? I am in the same shoe as you, so i choose other genre lor...

my camera rather big.

Shoot with a friend lor. It gives you more confidence. At least it does for me. Won't feel so paiseh to point the cam around :bsmilie:

thanks for all the suggestions.
Appreciate it

take pictures of pretty girls, always a winner! ;)

What utter rubbish.

Don't blame the scene, blame yourself.

Whatever you may say, I think Singapore is beautiful, it's out to you to make the effort to discover its beauty, you obviously have not trained shooting it at all, why pass judgement? Because most of the people whom I know who have tried have seen its beauty, what CMI.

Don't take anything. Solves all your worries
I second to this.

If you have so many worries and concerns, why take pictures in the first place?

There are many things, many objects, many themes, many sceneries, even if you think Singapore cannot make it, there are still many beautiful photos taken, just browse around this forum and you'll know how much you have missed it, even photos around HDB blocks also can turn out fantastic in photos.

Don't let your fear or shyness limits your creativity, photography is an art, and skill. No one is born to take excellent photos from day 1. It's progressive and learning process. Behind every award winning photo shot, there were hundreds if not thousands photos taken that were not shown.

If you are serious to go and explore into this hobby, then it's better move out from such fear, let your imagination run.

If you wish to take candid shot of people, then it's best that you can invest in a telecopic len, at least of 400mm. Then you can always take such candid shot from a much further distance away and the object may not even notice or aware that you have taken a shot on him/her.

1) Stay at home. See what others have shoot, of DIFFERENT people.
2) Stay at home. See what others have shoot, MAGNIFICENT night scene.
3) Stay at home. See what others have shoot, IN Singapore.
4) Stay at home. See what others have shoot, WITH the same cam.

If all else fail well, just STAY at home.

It seems like you have every excuse to cover your failure in photography than to reflect upon yourself. Singapore cannot make it? I say open your freakin' eyes.

It seems like you have every excuse to cover your failure in photography than to reflect upon yourself. Singapore cannot make it? I say open your freakin' eyes.
I agree. Look around carefully, keep on imagining the right scenes and just shoot. Even walking along a street near your house can yield nice shots on a nice evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.