Dunno wat to buy.


Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Senior Member
Jan 16, 2002
3,253
3
38
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
Minolta AF 17-35mm f/3.5 G

and

Minolta AF 28-70mm f/2.8 G


I already own a Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX APO RF and Tokina ATX 28-70mm AF Pro f2.6-2.8.

I intented to sell away the Tokina.

Maybe I should get 17-35. But i will lose out 35-50mm but it is not significant.

But then again, if I need 70mm, i need to bring the heavy sigma.
If I get 28-70mm F2.8 G , it will be much lighter.
 

munfai

Senior Member
Apr 19, 2002
1,380
2
38
41
recommendation:

1. 17-35mm G lens
2. 28-70mm (Tokina or Minolta G, whatever)
3. 80-200mm G lens


not really a fan of huge zooms, so...

otherwise if you insist on keeping your 50-500mm, then get a 17-35mm and a 24-50mm. heard that the minolta 24-50mm is excellent.
 

nhyone

New Member
Mar 22, 2002
177
0
0
20
Singapore
web.singnet.com.sg
Originally posted by ninelives
I already own a Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX APO RF and Tokina ATX 28-70mm AF Pro f2.6-2.8.
What's wrong with the Tokina lens? And how sure are you that you will be satisfied with the Minolta equivalent?
 

ralphii82sg

New Member
Mar 19, 2002
348
0
0
38
www.v1da.com
Originally posted by munfai
recommendation:

1. 17-35mm G lens
2. 28-70mm (Tokina or Minolta G, whatever)
3. 80-200mm G lens


not really a fan of huge zooms, so...

otherwise if you insist on keeping your 50-500mm, then get a 17-35mm and a 24-50mm. heard that the minolta 24-50mm is excellent.
think i saw the 24-50 f4 in prime ome time back...maybe can go there and take a look :)
 

rueyloon

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,680
0
36
www.rueyloon.com
ya man, what's wrong with the tokina lens ?

I think you should just get the wide angle.
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Get the 17-35 and keep your Tokina 28-70. Even if you intend to sell it, a combination like 17-35, 50-500 isn't that bad. You can make up for the difference between 35 and 50 by a bit of footwork.

Photographers like Sam Abell and other prime users uses 3 primes, 28, 50, 90. So should not be an issue.

Regards
CK
 

rueyloon

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,680
0
36
www.rueyloon.com
Originally posted by ckiang
Get the 17-35 and keep your Tokina 28-70. Even if you intend to sell it, a combination like 17-35, 50-500 isn't that bad.

ckiang, have you seen his 50-500 ?? it is a big lens, it is practically useless for "normal" 50mm usage...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.