Before brushing my teeth...

2680202330_654225fdbc.jpg

Try apple...

2680204612_2c05ff38e7.jpg

Try apple in pail

2680203566_4f6eda6a90.jpg

Ka-boosh!

...after 100+ shots; then I heard - "Wei, what took you so long???" :bsmilie:

The 3rd photo is really nice..perhaps with another caption it may have another reason of it's own :D

The 3rd photo is really nice..perhaps with another caption it may have another reason of it's own :D
Whoa! Thats a fast response!
Thanks for dropping by - what caption have you in mind? :think:

Whoa! Thats a fast response!
Thanks for dropping by - what caption have you in mind? :think:

No problem..the apple's sharpness and the water frozen in mid-splash is really nice.Perhaps a lower angle and the white brand lablel of the apple removed will make it nicer.

I dont really know much about caption since im an amatuer,sorry.:D
But i do know how to feel and spot a good photo.

Keep it up.:thumbsup:

No problem..the apple's sharpness and the water frozen in mid-splash is really nice.Perhaps a lower angle and the white brand lablel of the apple removed will make it nicer.

I dont really know much about caption since im an amatuer,sorry.:D
But i do know how to feel and spot a good photo.

Keep it up.:thumbsup:
Amateur with sharp eyes haha...
Thank you for the generous comments!

The white brand label - I know I should have removed that. I didnt expect it to show on the chosen shot. Lower angle - I should have tried that too, but the pail was already on the floor - how much lower would it be? FYI; I didnt use any tripod here. Perhaps I could have used a different container? :think:

Amateur with sharp eyes haha...
Thank you for the generous comments!

The white brand label - I know I should have removed that. I didnt expect it to show on the chosen shot. Lower angle - I should have tried that too, but the pail was already on the floor - how much lower would it be? FYI; I didnt use any tripod here. Perhaps I could have used a different container? :think:

Hmm...from what i read before, how about using a big plain metal kitchen sink? I believe with the focus set at close the background wont be distracting...

Hmm...from what i read before, how about using a big plain metal kitchen sink? I believe with the focus set at close the background wont be distracting...
Thanks for the suggestion!
The pail of water can hardly contain the DUNK DUNK for every shot [taken in the toilet], the metal sink would wake up the whole block! Haha... I'll try someday when everyone else isnt home, ya? :bsmilie:

So here comes the kitchen sink~
...and another apple.

#1 - Soft landing
2684794267_e98c44908b.jpg

#2 - Not so soft
2685610840_47e479a41a.jpg

#3 - Close up
2685612052_a2a0a827bc.jpg

#4 - Its the kitchen sink allright.
2685614268_c15b466ba6.jpg

Hi, nice pics. I tried this 'dunk' method using a fish tank. I believe it would give you better results.

Just to share. My two cents worth.

2480388730_bf013a755c.jpg

2480371158_b95fc8097a.jpg

Hey JacePhoto; Thanks a lot for sharing!

Prob is, I've no fish tank, or rather I've got fish in the tank. Thats why I make do with the pail and sink as alternative. I thought the blue pail contrast with the red apple; and the silver sink could be another alternative too. Your tank should have been clean and big enough to get such photos, I believe?

I think it depends on the splashing effect we want to see; cos imho, its less dramatic; or perhaps its not so visible due to the white background you used there. Also depends on which angle we're looking at, you might have shot perpendicularly at the water level, while I had taken from a higher angle. Having said that, I've yet to try the tank myself! Someday :)

Again, thanks for sharing!
I've learnt something from you too :)

just curious to know how was your set up like ? remote and camera on tripod ? then throw apple ah. haha!

Alamak, overlooked your post, sorry brader...
No remote, no tripod used.
This is how I had done it, you might have your own method that works better...

Right hand on camera, place the apple first on the water surface for pre-focus; then drop the apple using left hand [duh]. My eyes still fixed on the viewfinder, yes its split second; but after 100 tries you'll get used to it. The one in the sink was taken with 30plus shots only. Its about eyes and left hand right hand co-ordination, if you ask me. Dropping from a higher level, may give enough time to snap; but often snapped before the apple reach the water. Lower height might miss the perfect cue at all.

Have fun, its just water.

Itchy hands, fingers and I found a tall clear glass vase - and the dunkin' continues!

#1 - some scratches??
2701667240_3b2794b2a7.jpg

#2 - storm in a vase!
2700852503_7f38ae25d0.jpg

A clear background would be better...

the ones in the clear glass are really nice, funny stuff dude :D never new stuff we play around with can turn out to be this interesting lol.

very interesting...what u going to dunk next? ahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.