Dungeon Siege or Neverwinter Nights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
Okay, dilemma time. I'm over here in this lovely country and have no access to friendly versions. So I'm trying to make a decision on which to blow my hard earned cash on. I've tried the Dungeon Siege demo and it rocks... Diablo on steroids, 8 character adventuring parties in the single player campaign, and truly mindblowing graphics. And less of an arcade, click-the-mouse-as-quickly-as-you-can game.

The problem is Neverwinter Nights looks interesting too... but... there's no demo!

Comments either way anyone? If you haven't figured, I don't really like arcade style hit 'em ups, but I prefer traditional RPGs...

Dungeon Siege ...

... because I don't have the time to nurture characters ala NWN or Everquest or those traditional RPGs. Hack'n'Slash is the Best!

I like my games to be easy to get into (and since I play on and off) easy to get back into - Diablo/DiabloII for example. Also like to play WarCraft (waiting to get WarCraft III), StarCraft, Total Annihilation, and those RTS-type games.

Oh and of course the FPSses like Quake II/III, Unreal, Half-Life, etc.etc. ;)

Frags, blood, swords, dungeons, monsters, half-nekkid barbarian women .... BRING 'EM ON!!

never winter night.

but do u know anything about D&D 3rd edition rules?

Else, you better get DS, which is a hack and slash hype. It is something like D2.

For more info about gaming, I think you better head back to hardwarezone.

http://forums2.hardwarezone.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=57

For D&D fans, for Dungeon Master, they will love NWN.

For NWN, u need to prepare spell, u need to memorize/write them, unlike d2 or d2, u don't need to memorize spell.

here are some of the screenshot posted by me , warning : NC17 !

hooker.jpg

hooker1.jpg

hooker2.jpg

hooker3.jpg

hooker4.jpg

Played both games.
Feel that Neverwinter nights edge over Dungeon Siege in terms of game play.

NWN will have greater replay value as storyline and the way NPC react to you depends on your character, good aligment or bad, human/elf etc... You will also get to select only a handful of skills/feats which when properly done can make character worth playing. In short, gameplay is more challanging.

DS is closer to Diablo2. Linear storyline, point and attack gamestyle. A nobrainer game where you will end up with a "perfect" character when you level it to full. Enjoyable on for the first time, but gets boring on replay. Challange level is only average.

PS: just my 2-cents worth. Personally preferences applies strongly here.

and also, nwn is a questing game. u need to talk to the townfolks, they will give you hint. the quest in nwn is unlike d2(which is lame). in nwn, the quest is sometime very complicated, u need to look for lot of items, u need to kill a boss and get back the ring or book, u need to look for enemy hideout . u need to find a cure fot the plegue. Basically, it will takes a lot of time to finish this game, it is very complicated for 1st timer.

also heard that DS is dead, it is an overhyped game :

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245598

Chotto chotto!! WIZARDRY 8!!!!!!

:gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

Been playing abit of Neverwinter, Dungeon Siege, Morrowind, and Warcraft III...

Have spent most of my time on Morrowind though. If you like really open ended Role-Playing, go with Morrowind.

if Hack-n-Slash is your style, then Dungeon SIege is more your game.

Neverwinter will be closer to Morrowind I guess.

And Warcraft III...well what can I say about that which isn't said elsewhere already?

Just my $0.02 worth...

Originally posted by YSLee
Chotto chotto!! WIZARDRY 8!!!!!!

:gbounce: :gbounce:

Yeah, I also say. HURRY IT UP THEN!!!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, just the kind of stuff I was hoping to get feedback on. Like I said, I'm not really a fan of Diablo at all... played the first one to the end, played the second, and stopped halfway because it was exactly the same... I thought Dungeon Siege was different enough because it allowed (sort of) different character development lines with plenty of people in the party. Misato makes a good point about ending up with "perfect" characters once they are developed enough... hadn't thought of that one... bummer.

As to replayability, I don't replay these kind of games anyway... so it's not an issue for me really...

And no, I really, really don't fancy Morrowind... and yes, I got the same impression that NWN was leaning towards there.

I do know AD&D 3rd Ed rules, but I'm *very* rusty...

Warcraft III -- what about it? I've heard toss all...

NVM - Reason: Because I hate m$ and I just bought a box of NWN. =p Trying to make myself happy.

Haha Klause, both very good reasons indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.